Homey, don’t play that…

And it only took him one and three quarter months to do it too...lol...Will wonders ever cease...lol.
Those don't look that bad to machine. Cut the bar stock and mill the edge square. Then drill and ream holes. Put the part in a laythe and bore out the center. I'd say 2 business days to get from the order to the mail, assuming its the only project in the shop.

Besides the laythe you could do this with just an angle grinder, belt sander, and a battery powered drill. Hell, it could be done without the laythe if you're good with a hole saw.

Those don't look that bad to machine. Cut the bar stock and mill the edge square. Then drill and ream holes. Put the part in a laythe and bore out the center. I'd say 2 business days to get from the order to the mail, assuming its the only project in the shop.

Besides the laythe you could do this with just an angle grinder, belt sander, and a battery powered drill. Hell, it could be done without the laythe if you're good with a hole saw.
Hell...My motor mount was made with just hand tools like a metal cutting blade on a hand held power saw, hand files etc, including just a regular hand held power drill for drilling out the holes for the nut and bolt fasteners...lol.

The only thing I didn't have at my disposal was a bead blaster to give it a finished look, for that, it was brought over to White Sands Missile Range and bead blasted with their's...lol.

The finished product when I put it on the bike when I still had the Zeda 80 on it, now replaced with the P-85...Perfect fit on both...lol.

IMG_0319.jpg

IMG_0322.jpg

IMG_0321.jpg

Assuming all the fanciest machine tooling is used, I would say no more 4 hours from start to finish for a journeyman machinist but if done as a large batch (10 or 20) you could save a good bit of time.

Assuming all the fanciest machine tooling is used, I would say no more 4 hours from start to finish for a journeyman machinist but if done as a large batch (10 or 20) you could save a good bit of time.
I should start with a vise and then…(drill press?). What’s cool is that after many years without I now have my own garage.

Back