Transmission question

Shadow57x

Local time
2:52 AM
I just bought this 53cc engine kit I was wondering if it had the same 78mm clutch set up was say a pocket bike I'm looking to use the transmission to put a 63.3cc 2 stroke kesei clone engine on my bike. Thanks in advance.
Screenshot_20240320-174057.png

I just bought this 53cc engine kit I was wondering if it had the same 78mm clutch set up was say a pocket bike I'm looking to use the transmission to put a 63.3cc 2 stroke kesei clone engine on my bike. Thanks in advance.View attachment 210640
Yes it does have the 78mm for a tappered shaft. It's a duel chain and judging from the size of it I'm assuming it has a 3\1 reduction. There isn't much information about the transmission but it does appear that it can be completely disassembled; unlike some of the cheaper versions of these types of transmissions.

Links to eBay may include affiliate code. If you click on an eBay link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
Ok that's good because I ordered this kit here and the clutch is completely different then the one I need
View attachment 210648
That belt-drive transmission is a 5\1 reduction and uses brass bushings in them instead of Oil-lite bushings. You don't have to order whole engine kits. You can just order the transmission.

I know I don't have to by the whole kit. But I build other things and a decent transmission would cost $110 or $120 shipped I figured for $19 more I would have a extra motor and and parts and the transmission I need. And I didn't want to go cheap with this single chain trans here. And the motor I'll be using needs a clutch housing like this one.

Screenshot_20240320-201452.png

I know I don't have to by the whole kit. But I build other things and a decent transmission would cost $110 or $120 shipped I figured for $19 more I would have a extra motor and and parts and the transmission I need. And I didn't want to go cheap with this single chain trans here. And the motor I'll be using needs a clutch housing like this one.

View attachment 210652
That's the worst transmission there is.

The single chain on right? I figured at least get a dual chain one. So that dual chain adjustable gear box is what I'm getting on that first kit I added on here? And is it any good? Sorry for so many questions I'm still kinda new to motorized bicycles.

The single chain on right? I figured at least get a dual chain one. So that dual chain adjustable gear box is what I'm getting on that first kit I added on here? And is it any good? Sorry for so many questions I'm still kinda new to motorized bicycles.
The one that's on the first picture is new on the market; thus the reason it's hard to find much information on it. Though it appears to be much better constructed than the BikeBerry duel chain transmission.

The weak point on these chain transmissions is the shaft with the small sprocket. There are videos where that shaft breaks right at the sproket. The dual chain might be a little better but the shaft is the same diameter on both. The belt drive is the way to go for sure, especially with the 5:1 ratio.

Back