Hey yall, I'm trying to learn as much as possible on these 2 stroke powered bicycles.

All of this from the guy that says,

LOL...LOL...LOL.
That is KISS as far as truck builds go. Everything I listed there, aside from the rear axle from the TJ, was basically bolt together Lego style.

The AX15 transmission was necessary as my particular truck was a 1988, which meant it had a Peugeot made hunk of turd with cheese gears and a failing input shaft bearing (a common problem).

I put in a mechanical Axle Disconnect cable to replace the ridiculous and failure prone vacuum system. Simple.

The transfer case upgrades were done simply because it needed a rebuild, and why not make it stronger? Not even joking when I say that aside from the new bits (chain, pump, filter) the rest of those parts were all sourced from the wrecker, as were the axles. Being an NP242, that also meant i had full AND part time 4wd. Aka locked and unlocked, but they are a bit weaker, hence the better planetary, bigger chain and related gears, and rear housing. That combined with eaton true-tracs front and rear would have given me an AWD system to make a Subaru blush.

Literally everything about that Jeep was manually operated and stronger than stock by the time I got done.

KISS is one thing, but I am also known for my penchant to beef things up. The Dana 35 rear axle that came on the truck is well known as a weak point. Welding 2 simple spring perches on an axle is easy. It took longer to cut all the TJ brackets off and grind them down than it did to center the axle, set the pinion angle, and weld the perches on.

That's a bad azz ole truck. 4.0L with a manual trans make a killer lil crawler/wheeler.
Not many rocks to crawl over here in Eastern Nebraska, hence the small front lift and slightly bigger tires. It was a great truck to take out in the fields and get out into some of the other lightly wooded aeras for hunting trips and back woods fishing.

Not many rocks to crawl over here in Eastern Nebraska, hence the small front lift and slightly bigger tires. It was a great truck to take out in the fields and get out into some of the other lightly wooded aeras for hunting trips and back woods fishing.
Yeah I'm in kansas & the rock crawling ain't around here either. Unless you want to venture down the creeks & river when its low. No them were good ole trucks. I'd like to find another 1. It was hard to beat the 4.0L manual trans combo. Then you had all the axle swap conversions you could do to them.

Hey yall, I'm trying to learn as much as possible on these 2 stroke powered bicycles. I am newish... to it all but I realized very quickly that I want to go faster, ide like to have some gears. I think would help for top speed and reliability. I think I have a samger but not sure on cc displacement. I know I can run about 30 down hill with a draft lol.
thank you . P.s. definitely on a budget.
What do you need or want to know?

Most bicycles do have gears.
Gears connected to a motor mounted on a bicycle require special adapter kits, never tried one of those, not sure how well - or for how long - they work.
Going faster than maybe 30 mph on what is still a bicycle is not a good idea, the whole thing just isn't made for those kinds of speeds.
As far as I'm concerned, putting a motor on a bicycle is first about fun and second about freedom: no license, registration, insurance, much less reliance on gas stations, repair shops, towing services, etc.
Sounds to me like what the OP really wants is a cheap motorcycle, should be able to find one if there's a motorcycle scrap yard/dealership in your area.

Back