gas leak need help

also, spread the "tangs" on the float-needle-clip, just the smallest tad...it may be that the level is set too high to begin with.

btw-get yer mind back on the aero-contraption...there's no place to pull over up there if you miss something :p:rolleyes:

i am safe i am an air traffic controller :eek:. i will try to spread the tangs a pinch also if float is floating. thanks again for your help. this is driving me nuts lol

well i took the carb off and the float was proper and bent the tongs a little and so far so good. dry as can be. now i have to let it cool down for a few hours for that is when it leaks the worse however i think i hope the leak is fixed

lets sum this up why the gas was leaking. come to find out this is pretty common. augi got me on the right path and thank you augi. anyway here is why you get most gas leaks on the chineese 2 stroke
the thin foil fork in the carburetor bowl has a bend in it and is not letting the valve close.
Simply remove the carb bowl and bend the float fork until the needle valve is aligned again.
hope this helps

Back