Engine Trouble Need help pls - Bike Wont Start

One of you had suggested connecting black to black and red to red. Isn't it odd, or is it just the usual, that it still gets juice when black to red wire and black to red wire are wired, instead of the other way around? Overall, it wasn't an expensive bike or kit (kit costing about $181), but it should still be able to run.
It's not odd, the juice still flows from the magneto but the spark is 180 degrees out.

That was your first mistake...BoFeng and NT carby's are supposed to have the float height setting at 21mm.
Posted a thread a while ago asking this question and people said that for the NT it is 21mm but the BoFengs they dont know. I played with it a little and it ran best with 17.5

Like, why is timing messed up only when these wires are plugged in the wrong spots? That means it sparks at the wrong time, right? It’s so messed up it won't even run at all? What’s up with that?​

Like, why is timing messed up only when these wires are plugged in the wrong spots? That means it sparks at the wrong time, right? It’s so messed up it won't even run at all? What’s up with that?​

Did you check the rotor and see if it is loose and/or missing the key?

An engine will start if only for a moment even if it is stinky rich or starving lean, as long as it has fuel, air, compression and spark (at the right time) it should at least try to run, if it doesn't start at all, I suspect an ignition system issue.

If it is flooded, like completely drowning, pull the spark plug flip the bike and cycle the engine a few times.

Just so everyone is on the same page, it may be helpful to post again what it is doing and what you have done to try to remedy it.

#1 key to diagnostics is stay organized and try one thing at a time. "Shotgunning" leads to wasted time, effort and money.

Not trying to be a jerk, just trying to help, I work on cars, trucks and machines for a living.

Get the piston to TDC. Keep it at TDC and put a pic of the magnet rotor on the forum here.

Thank y’all for your attention!

So, problem solved, finally. Got the new spark plug that just now came in. To be honest, something’s up with its overall ignition system not igniting the fuel right on time.

Anyhow, it ran better than ever today, because it fired like it should do. Now, I need to fine-tune everything to make it run smoother.

Thank y’all for your attention!

So, problem solved, finally. Got the new spark plug that just now came in. To be honest, something’s up with its overall ignition system not igniting the fuel right on time.

Anyhow, it ran better than ever today, because it fired like it should do. Now, I need to fine-tune everything to make it run smoother.
It's new, so don't go crazy adjusting it just yet, go easy on it and adjust everything when you have a few miles on it.

Glad you have it going.

don't go crazy adjusting it just yet, go easy on it and adjust everything when you have a few miles on it.
None of these motors for our bikes run smooth at all until they get broken in a little, you need to ride it for a while before you can really adjust anything and be able to get it to behave.

Back