Need help with minarelli carb!

• Thread starter Deleted member 35519
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 35519

So i recently bought a Minarelli Hybrid and unforntuately i haven't been able to get it to run after several attempts and test. First I thought it may be an issue with the cdi and magneto and they both read proper voltages with a meter. Tried new spark plugs, Z4C and NGK B6HS, both gapped. .24. California Motorbikes offer the chinese C20 and Mikuni VM20 OUT of stock. I have tried contacting the seller with info on the proper jetting on the carb with no response to it or luck. So I found out Smolik preformance mentioning that the main jet on a Mikuni VM20 main jet needs to be changed between 240-280 depending on your region. All videos on YouTube suggest the same when evaluating their builds. I bought the VM20 knock off and couldn't order or find the proper jets on Amazon. I couldn't find any jet kits past 190 and they sent me the wrong ones! It was a rabbit hole and huge nightmare! So now I returned the VM20 knock off and now I'm trying a NIBBI PE19 and ordered extra jets and pilots for the carb and the bike doesn't even start from stock settings. fuel/ oil ratio is 20:1 for break in as suggested from CaliforniaMotorbikes.com and 32:1 after 400KM. I can't even get this motor to run! Tried two different cdis and other sparkplugs just to the check.

Last motor I ran from California Motors recently didnt even last the third tank after break-in on 40:1 mix ratio. First the oil seal on the is the cheapest with the chinese markings blew at high throttle, so i replaced it immediatly from another graveyard motor. Then after a long drive and run full throttle! Boom. Cylinders piston exploded topping full throttle at atleast 45-50 on a Schwinn Stingray OCC Chopper. Yes I am no expert and am new to this so any suggestions would strongly help and be appreciated!

In order to make the NIBBI pe19mm to fit I had to use a slanted intake manifold from a VM22 kit i returned.... The adapter plate for the VM20 that comes with california motor bikes kit is specifically designed for the VM20 as they claim but the holes diameter is much smaller than 20mm intake. It reads about 19.5mm. Now I'm waiting on a Phantom 85 v3 and a replacement to the Wildcat PRO Racing Engine 80cc (Ported) 5HP i just blew up!!!!! I forgot to mention that their case bearings have NO gaskets on EITHER SIDE!!!! IS THIS BAD???? I read that VITON seals stop all issues so I ordered but I may have to crackt he whole lower half to properly install them! Many forums suggest ordering better bearings and oil seals for crank and magneto side. Major flaw at the price range of 200. If I would've known I would've just paid Smolik to DO EVERYTHING. I am no expert and learning as I go along.

I may just give up on the Minarelli! Seriously I ported the top cylinder, properly torqued 12ft lbs on the head, used an aftermarket CNC head as shown on Youtube from DLH preformance. GL ordering their clutches from them!! I tried, card fraud alert!! Their out of stock too. I tried contacting them no response. Not sure if he's still alive!!

Nope same issue with VM20 and Nibbi PE19mm. Can't even get the bike to start!

Be sure there’s no restriction on the exhaust side that would stop air flow.
Be sure the magneto magnet is installed to fire when the piston is at TDC.

If the spark plug fires then fuel can be the only other thing to stop it from at least attempting to pop.

Visually prove you have a deep blue spark by grounding the plug metal body to the engine and turn it over.

If you have that proven you then look to fuel delivery from the tank to the petcock and to filling the carb bowl.

IF fuel is getting into the bowl and sucked into the cylinder AND it doesn’t fire there should be a tell tale sign of a fuel wet and drenched spark plug.

If both of the above are true, then the wrong amount of fuel may be getting into the cylinder and drowning the plug.

I’d then look to continue going down on the the main jet size till it pops.

For 2 different carbs to not at least cause the engine to pop…
It’s most likely either no fire or way too much fuel getting in.

In my experience with the real and knock off mukuni vm-20’s on a Minarelli conversion the supplied main jets were too big but the engines did fire.

CaliforniaMotorbikes.com
So tell me, has Zane at California Motorbikes responded to you at all yet about this problem???...And if so, what does he have to say about all of this???

If he hasn't responded or is offering no help, replacement, etc, let us all know about this, we can also recommend a reliable vendor that is always there to help with just a direct phone call to them and they also have a six month warranty on all of their motor kits.

Many of us who are experienced builders usually get our kits only from this source, bicycle-engines.com...Feel free to ask questions about this alternative, we will be happy to answer them

So tell me, has Zane at California Motorbikes responded to you at all yet about this problem???...And if so, what does he have to say about all of this???

If he hasn't responded or is offering no help, replacement, etc, let us all know about this, we can also recommend a reliable vendor that is always there to help with just a direct phone call to them and they also have a six month warranty on all of their motor kits.

Many of us who are experienced builders usually get our kits only from this source, bicycle-engines.com...Feel free to ask questions about this alternative, we will be happy to answer them
Yup. I wouldn't say I'm experienced, just seasoned tho lol

Back