Ezip Papamotors Kit Conversion.

I garage my ebikes, and I generally don't ride them through waters like a large puddle etc. Mine have lasted for about 4 years now are in excellent shape. On my former three bicycles now two, I have a combined 18,000 plus miles. Generally the two remaining ones are still pretty strong. Right now, AB1096 has a bunch of loopholes. Pertains to all ebikes or to post 2017 manufactured ebikes. The sticker is supposed to be for all ebikes sold after 2017 so it may be left open to grandfather pre 2017 1,000 watt ebikes and controllers with limiters on them as Papa Motors does to force it to compliance with 406b which is now a defunct law. I doubt most cops will have time to chase down someone with a digital voltage meter if they are riding sub 20mph on their ebikes or even pedaling. The other problems are class 1 bike paths. Where does a bike path leave off? Where I live they are all interconnected, this might pose a legal challenge to fight in court. Then again, there is the grandfather laws. Right now it is still up in the air and there are those within the California legislature who may yet append AB1096 or new laws to remove the motor size restrictions.

I read that elsewhere that they have tried this, they found it easier to just enforce ebikes through a posted maximum speed limit. Exactly what I have been saying from the getgo.

I am approaching 29,000 kilometers on my Tidal Force /designed and made in USA/ - that is quality!!
My TF is my WINTER RIDE through snow, salt, water in minus 10 Celsius day after day - no way China cheap run off the mill system can do!
Imagine Papa Motor in such conditions - would not last 5000 miles.

Back