Trying to build an ebike out of my chopper, but it has to adhere to the strict regulations in my region

Get one if those keyed batteries. If the situation is dicy toss the keys into the woods amd say you couldn't possibly be using the electric feature lol

Did you guys know that I am a retired police lieutenant???...lol...lol...And now in my old age "dotage", I am now your forum moderator...lol...lol.
Good for you, maybe in your area cops are the heroes everyone wants them to be. If so, good on you. But in my case, the cops in my area care more about closing cases than treating innocent civilians civilly. I have been detained, and even threatened by the cops, away from cameras and witnesses, after he had a chance to remove his badge and any identifiable information, and never once was I guilty of anything... so don't act like I don't know what I'm talking about. I went through hell because of people who are supposed to serve and protect us regular civilians. I'll say it, Winnipeg police are d***s. Even if I had been guilty of some crime, that's still not cool, not cool at all.

Good for you, maybe in your area cops are the heroes everyone wants them to be. If so, good on you. But in my case, the cops in my area care more about closing cases than treating innocent civilians civilly. I have been detained, and even threatened by the cops, away from cameras and witnesses, after he had a chance to remove his badge and any identifiable information, and never once was I guilty of anything... so don't act like I don't know what I'm talking about. I went through hell because of people who are supposed to serve and protect us regular civilians. I'll say it, Winnipeg police are d***s. Even if I was guilty of some crime, that's still not cool, not cool at all.
I'm guessing that Canada is not quite as "civil" as they like to project themselves to be then???...Unfortunately you will always be able to find a "bad apple" in every barrel...Don't let the one "bad apple" colour your opinion of all the apples in the barrel is about all I can tell you.

I'm guessing that Canada is not quite as "civil" as they like to project themselves to be then???...Unfortunately you will always be able to find a "bad apple" in every barrel...Don't let the one "bad apple" colour your opinion of all the apples in the barrel is about all I can tell you.
Unfortunately my encounters with "them" have been more numerous than I would like, and I have never met a good one, but hey, that could just be bad luck. Maybe? Either way, that stereotype about us Canadians being "civil"... it's true, definitely, but on a societal level. We say please and thank you a lot, and the majority of us believe in "selfish altruism" as it's what makes any good society tick. But that doesn't seem to apply to cops, unfortunately, though I am speaking based on personal experience in my area. (And I still haven't mentioned all the times I was a minor, being beaten by my Mom's boyfriend. s**t got dark real fast, and guess what? When I actually needed help, the cops did come, they listened, and they told me to go f*** myself. The cops in my area think the father figure has the right to discipline... you know what, nvm. You get the idea, and this is bringing up bad memories)

NOTE; I'll define selfish altruism, since I learned about it at a university lecture and I'm not at all sure google has much to offer on the subject. In a nutshell, selfish altruism is a philosophical ideal, representing how most people in a society are polite and nice to other people in the hopes they will be nice to them in turn, and so in turn, most everyone is nice to everyone. That is one reason why humans tend to drop such pretenses when someone starts being dickish, though it's also a defense mechanism. Part of the fight or flight response. Humans usually do one of 2 things at the very beginning in such a scenario (unless their trained for combat) they will either freeze, or they will react with an angry response, but really they are buying time while thinking, or so my professor said. Forgive me for rambling, but I am a philosopher and strategist and such subjects interest me.

In BC where I live I have never once witnessed a cop do anything wrong. Most of them are very friendly

Back