Electric conversion ideas

It seems like Im basically gonna end up building an onyx lol

I got into a little race with what turned out to be the owner/designer of a $6,000 electric bike he's ready to bring to market, I had him by a nose, but impressive nonetheless considering I'm riding a 15-17hp bike.
The wheels I believe were motorcycle/dirt bike wheels with a giant rear hub motor, and a beefy fork.

You can build some badass electric bikes, but the days of doing it cheaply are gone.

I got into a little race with what turned out to be the owner/designer of a $6,000 electric bike he's ready to bring to market, I had him by a nose, but impressive nonetheless considering I'm riding a 15-17hp bike.
The wheels I believe were motorcycle/dirt bike wheels with a giant rear hub motor, and a beefy fork.

You can build some badass electric bikes, but the days of doing it cheaply are gone.
They were only cheap when they were mostly a DIY curiosity and not the commercially available packages that grew popular during covid, and thus had a double price spike as a result.

I smoked a guy on my zeda80/huffy cranbrook..the guy was riding some variety of surron, lol

From my research, what I'm gonna build will be much cheaper than buying one!

They were only cheap when they were mostly a DIY curiosity and not the commercially available packages that grew popular during covid, and thus had a double price spike as a result.
Motors and such are still reasonable, lithium cell prices are crazy.

A cell I bought 7 years ago for $60 is like $130 now.

I read this, now I'm scared

I guess I'd just invest in a charging safe

I read this, now I'm scared

I guess I'd just invest in a charging safe
Just further reasons why I will NEVER, EVER, have an "E" vehicle of any sort until the safety factor of this technology catches up to NO FIRES from batteries etc.

The cost has to come down to something reasonable as well.

That's true. The main reason for my interest is this. Where I live, mopeds have to be titled, registered, and insured. Now, mine isn't, and I've never had a problem. I don't ride like an idiot, and the cops don't care.

But...with electric I could have a power mode restricting it to a class 2 ebike, which I could ride anywhere legally...And once I get away from town, like off road or whatever, I could take advantage of the full power.

That's another thing, I don't/can't/am not allowed to ride on major roads*. This makes it a bit tricky to get places; I have to take detours, since I cant use the sidewalk. Ebikes are a lil different in that way.

*I limit myself to roads with 1ish lane in each direction, roads with more tend to be faster, and that gets sketchy.

I hear what you are saying about the illegality of them. As much as I like the renegade aspect of them, it secretly bugs me that they are illegal.

I've never been bothered by the law but I don't push my luck by flaunting it in town and I always peddle just for the look of it.

My brother in law showed up this afternoon with a brand new 2023 CFMoto Ibex 800 Touring. Lot of bike for the money. I know he would like me to buy one so he could have a solid riding buddy. I would love to have one but just can't justify that.

I've got a stable of gas bikes and that is going to have to due.

A ripping e bike would be cool, the cost is high but the law is lax. Saving the climate at the expense of China. Lol.

I hear what you are saying about the illegality of them. As much as I like the renegade aspect of them, it secretly bugs me that they are illegal.

I've never been bothered by the law but I don't push my luck by flaunting it in town and I always peddle just for the look of it.

My brother in law showed up this afternoon with a brand new 2023 CFMoto Ibex 800 Touring. Lot of bike for the money. I know he would like me to buy one so he could have a solid riding buddy. I would love to have one but just can't justify that.

I've got a stable of gas bikes and that is going to have to due.

A ripping e bike would be cool, the cost is high but the law is lax. Saving the climate at the expense of China. Lol.
I love the laws for these bikes where I'm moving. From what ive read the only strictly inforced regulations is lighting. (This is for mopeds and MBs as Kentucky considers them one in the same).

Back