Does this look like a disc caliper mount?

Does this look like a disc caliper mount?​

YES, It is.
Thanks, Bike Berry told me that their Cruz (which this is) doesn't have mounts for a brake and to buy their brake adapter hardware... dumbasses.

Now the question of placing a disk on there.

Do I just get a multi-pattern sprocket and use the unused center holes with spacer in between?

Somewhat worried the hub adapter will spin when used for brake duty.

Do I just get a multi-pattern sprocket and use the unused center holes with spacer in between?

Somewhat worried the hub adapter will spin when used for brake duty.
That will be a question for someone else as that is one of the many reasons why I went with mag wheels on mine so as to eliminate that hassle with a direct bolt on to the mag wheel.

I'd go with the disc brake dedicated rear wheel instead of any kind of adaptor. That way there will be NO strain on the spokes.
Well technically there would be the same action with a hub adapter, given it doesn't slip- and thats my concern, good brakes should be considerably more powerful than the engine.

I need to source a quality spoked rim then, buy another damned sprocket and a freewheel cog.

Just spent $50 upgrading the wheel already.

I have used only disc brake type wheels. One look at the rag joint and said no thanks, even the hub adapter is less than ideal.

CDH has a sprocket disc adapter set up. Don't know if it is worth the money or not.
Space is the issue with this, people attach the sprocket to the disc brake mount with a spacer and the disc on top of it all. I believe Damien said a 36 tooth is as large as you can go with a 203mm disk rotor on the rear, but I did get a 40 to work but took a lot to make that happen.

One thing that bugs me about this set up is it all comes down to 6, 5mm bolts screwed into the aluminium hub to hold the show together.

It is what it is unless there was a steel hub with 1/4 bolts, that would make me feel better about it.

Back