Sprockets how to mount sprocket to disc brake rotor?

mrnoob332

Local time
4:05 PM
I'm running a 203mm disc brake rotor and would like to shred the rag joint by mounting to disc brakes.

what all do i need? please list necessary bolts, nuts, washers, spacers etc because i truly do not know.

aiming for 40t but I'll settle

note: i won't use the rag joint because it's hard to true and i won't use a hub adapter because it slips.

You will need a cdh sprocket meant to bolt to the disc brake hub. I think the bolts I got were m5 bolts that are 35mm long.

After you look at the selection CDH has to offer take a mental picture of how close the 6 bolt hoes are to the hole in the center and the diameter of that hole. Then go over to Amazon and you'll find a whole lot more, and maybe even cheaper. They go all the way up to 80 teeth.

After you look at the selection CDH has to offer take a mental picture of how close the 6 bolt hoes are to the hole in the center and the diameter of that hole. Then go over to Amazon and you'll find a whole lot more, and maybe even cheaper. They go all the way up to 80 teeth.
Every disc brake rotor I have came across had the same 6 bolt pattern. I could put a 160mm or all the way up to a 230mm on my hub. Before that though you need the sprocket and spacer. Just about everyone uses the 36t sprocket, spacer/adaptor and a 203mm disc.

I am currently in the process of using a centerlock hub. I laced a centerlock hub to a caliper brake rim. Im waiting on the centerlock adaptor to see how it all fits, Ill probably use hub adaptor to.

Im worried the centerlock adaptor wont lock down because of the thckness difference between rotor and sprocket if that happens the hub adaptor will hold it tight.

Back