Chopper 4 stroke build. Brakes?

This seems the most logical for me.. might have to look for these and what type of brake would work with this? U brake?
I dont if your front wheel is designed for brakes. But if it is, I would put 1 clamp on each fork tube, then bolt a piece of 1"×1" ⅛thick angle iron across the 2 clamps & then drill the angle iron for your rim brake calipers.

I dont if your front wheel is designed for brakes. But if it is, I would put 1 clamp on each fork tube, then bolt a piece of 1"×1" ⅛thick angle iron across the 2 clamps & then drill the angle iron for your rim brake calipers.
Something like what you said is what I was thinking. Those roll bar clamps look nice and handy, never seen those before.
I mentioned center pull rim brakes would be nice but don't see them much any more. I think they are better than side pull.
You would need another bracket above the first to stay the cable.

Links to Amazon may include affiliate code. If you click on an Amazon link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
This might work out going out today to see what I can gather ill update you once I get the pieces together.

Here's my proof on concept.. not final! Wanted to see if it would work one problem yhe actual brake bolt is too long gonna have to get some spacers.i tried pulling it apart to change the bolt but the bolt has a piece that holds the spring and it is one piece with the bolt. So spacers..

Forgot about pics.

Attachments

• 20231113_161508.jpg
    20231113_161508.jpg
    129.6 KB · Views: 59
  • 20231113_161447.jpg
    20231113_161447.jpg
    131.4 KB · Views: 61
That's kinda what I had in mind. I was thinking you could notch a chunk of square tubing and use clamps to hold it on
Yeah that could work, I've seen round spacers at the hardware store. But its getting late now daylight savings and all gets dark at 5. So tomorrow. If this works out ill just go ahead and order the clamps for the final version.

Ok well I see a problem. The clamps holding g the metal strip in The center are flexing and pulling the brake forward. Well it was a concept piece anyway. So I'm going to order the clamps now and it should stop it from flexing forward.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231114-121957_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20231114-121957_Chrome.jpg
    100.2 KB · Views: 54
Back