Chinese Quality Control Standards.

The thread section that screws into the tank is tapered, so it tightens as it's screwed into the tank. The tap is either On or Off.

I know this is getting off topic but have found out that those Chinese petcocks 'reserve' doesn't do diddley squat!! Second time that I've ran out of fuel believing I had some sort of backup. :rolleyes:

I know this is getting off topic but have found out that those Chinese petcocks 'reserve' doesn't do diddley squat!! Second time that I've ran out of fuel believing I had some sort of backup. :rolleyes:

on a harley it has a little tube, and it goes to a little reserve spot in the tank. (or so im told) but ive seen a harley betcock and it looks idential to mine but it has a tiny little tube.

http://www.cgl.com.au/NR/rdonlyres/...D38F2E18/2200/IndustrialListPriceDocument.pdf

This is the PDF file of the nuts and bolts part numbers.
Below is the part numbers on the reciepts, I found the the reciepts.
I thought it had actual thread type and size, unless it's coded within the part number itself.

here goes:
( bolt,washers and nuts for sprocket)
6X55MSHCS- Socket hd cap Screw
14HTZPGW- Gr 8 Flat washer ZINC GOLD
6MSW- Zp Spring washer Flat Sect, M6x2.5x1.6
6MZPN- Com Hex nut Zp Pkt
The nylon lock nuts were bought from somwhere else.
Engine cover bolts
Not sure what's what, but these are the numbers.
6X40MSHCS ( 1 of)
6X25MSHCS ( 2 of)
4X20MSHCS ( 4 of)
6X20MSHCS ( 5 of)
6X35MSHCS ( 2 of)
This took care of the headache caused by the qaulity of the nuts and bolts
supplied in the kit. I'll refine it as things go along.
Not all engine bolts were covered on the day, you can imagine what the friendly sales rep was going through while I had the brand new HT on the counter, measuring each bolt !)
Luckily I found the reciepts, I'll just re-order the same.
I definately will not use the supplied nuts,bolts and washer supplied in the kit unless HT and Co lift their qualitry standards
Total cost of the above, around $30.00, ( and no headache)

Well, I am convinced to no end now.

Every HT I get from now on is going to be stripped and re-assembled with after market quality fasteners, this includes cylinder,exhaust,inlet, 100% replacement of all fasteners, and send the originals back to either the supplier or at best, the manufacturer.
After reading a thread about head gasket leaks, and just now I tried to tension the head bolts on my new HT, I "feel" it has reached a stress limit.
One needs to have the fingers and feel of a safe-cracker to understand what I am trying to say.
Other than that, the engine itself runs great.
I can get deeper into this type of discussion, as to why they use sub-standard fasteners, but this is not the place.

Hey bolts, that's some fine work there!!!

So coventry fastners has you covered for all of these? I forsee a trip down south road coming up whilst the HT is en route!

So coventry fastners has you covered for all of these?
Yep, all the numbers I posted is what I have on the receipt I used on the engine and sprocket.
There are 2 I missed, they are the 2 crakcase bolts on the magneto side.
And the other 4 I missed are the exhaust and inlet manifold studs,nuts and washers.
It was 45 minutes gone by the time the rep measured up what I had so far and felt I had better get going.
I'll sort it in time when I start on the next build.

Back