I’m looking for a good quality 2 stroke bicycle engine kit. Suggestions are appreciated.

TheSpeedyNeighbor

Local time
12:38 PM
I’ve had a couple of 2 stroke engines in the past. My seeutek pk80 had some issues but ran ok. My Zeda 80/100 firestorm wouldn’t start no matter what I did to it so I had to trash it. I recently bought an Imaycc 80cc but the quality was terrible.

I’m hesitant to buy another Zeda (considering that my last one wouldn’t even start), and I don’t want to buy another piece of junk.

Q. Bottom line is what engine kit has the best quality and performance?

Q. Is there really a difference in quality between a $200 Zeda 80cc and any crummy $100 80cc that you can find on Amazon?

Q. Considering that I’m going for better speed and performance should I be looking at 100cc or 80cc?

The Zeda engines are the best quality kit you can get. Next time you order one you should order directly from bicycle-engines.com. you get a 6 month warranty that they will honor. I am also a fan of the BT80 and BT100 kits. From what I have heard from other members is the BT100 has great performance, however you have to order from bikeberry and they don't offer a warranty.

Staton friction drive with a zenoah is the highest quality two stroke kit you can get. https://www.staton-inc.com/store/16...-all-sizes/zenoah-g430rc-g43l-41.5cc-1.97-hp/

You don't have to use that particularly roller size but any roller size with that kit is rock solid.

Q. Bottom line is what engine kit has the best quality and performance?

Q. Is there really a difference in quality between a $200 Zeda 80cc and any crummy $100 80cc that you can find on Amazon?

Q. Considering that I’m going for better speed and performance should I be looking at 100cc or 80cc?
A: (first 2 questions) Funny enough, the Zeda kits. "Quality" is still a relative term. The current Fireatorm 80 has a ceramic lined cylinder vs. A thin chrome or nickle plating and is way more durable. The extra cost also buys you other upgrades, like a better quality chain, improved CDI on certain engines, Bofeng carb, etc. None of them big dollar items, but they add up.

You also get a warranty with the zeda engines through Bicycle-Engines, and they have been great with me as far as filing a warranty claim. I had to replace my Phantom 85 exhaust 3 times.

Truth is, no matter what engine kit You get, there is a level of quality control you need to provide.

A: Depends on the 100cc and the 80cc. Generally speaking, the "100" engines aren't much faster, but offer better low end torque. This would be the YD100 and LD100 in particular. Zeda offers, IMHO, the best "100" engine on the market. The Zeda Max 100. It's a G4/G5 based 2 piece design, so squish gap can be corrected, unlike a YD100, and it uses the normal flanges with actual surface area, unlike the LD100. It's the closes thing to a big bore Zeda 80 you can get.

Otherwise, an Avenger 85 may be up your alley. I wouldn't recommend you for a Phantom 85 though. That's what I have, but it's not for those who want to go 50mph everywhere.

Back