Chain on making a popping sound

A new chain will make some noise in the beginning until the sprockets and chain wear in together. Remember, these Chinese sprockets are often imperfect. If it's not excessive, it will usually resolve after just a few miles of riding.

A new chain will make some noise in the beginning until the sprockets and chain wear in together. Remember, these Chinese sprockets are often imperfect. If it's not excessive, it will usually resolve after just a few miles of riding.
Yes, after a few miles the chain will stretch and fit the sprockets much better. You have to take up the slack a few times and you should be good.
The old saying, guaranteed til it breaks. Lol.

I've been using my full synthetic 2 cycle oil for years now with my chains, I put it into one of those squeeze ketchup bottles like you see in some restaurants, you can get them at Wally World...lol, to just add oil to the chain periodically...I do take it off twice a year to soak it in WD-40 to clean it all off and then soak it over night in the synthetic oil though, as it seems to prolong its life even with the El-Cheapo Chinesium chains...Anything is always better than nothing though.
I like to use 5th wheel grease. I buy the squeeze pa kit of it and rub it into the chain with a rag. It's not super messy, but you will need some degreaser to clean it.

I like to use 5th wheel grease. I buy the squeeze pa kit of it and rub it into the chain with a rag. It's not super messy, but you will need some degreaser to clean it.
Want to really step up the grease game with a chain get your hands on an old counter top fryer, fill it with your grease of choice, and heat it up to it's liquid tempurature, then soak the chain. The liquid grease will get into the rollers. Just have to hang it, then wipe down the excess when cool.

Back