Colorado: Low powered scooter registration on 50cc swapped CRF250 frame.

Or, ride dirty. :p

It's technically illegal for me to ride my motorized bike in FL.

That said, something that looks like a dirt bike is going to get Police attention.
Sure. But if it meets the requirements, it meets the requirements. They can only pull you over so many times before it becomes a legal issue.
The other factor is, if the bike has ever been TITLED, the DMV has a record and I believe full access to historic titles from every state. I ran into this with a bike with no title, whenI went to register it, the Florida DMV found the ACTIVE ohio Title. The title has the CC on it.
That makes sense, but many of the Chinese OHV bikes don't have any listed displacement when decoding the VIN#. So I don't know how they'd know what size the engine is until they do a VIN inspection, by that time the engine will already be a 50cc.
A ktm engine is far from low powered lol. If the folks at the dmv know what they are looking at you could be in trouble.
Maybe, but power nor speed is a limitation on LP mopeds in CO. No manual clutch, under 50cc, and less that 4 wheels are the requirements. I already have a Rekluse clutch for the KTM engine, so pretty easy from there apart from the VIN issue.

Since I'm in Colorado I'm curious about this also. I'm thinking you'll have a problem because it's a dirt bike. If a cop sees a dirt bike on the street they will expect it to have turn signals, lights, and a license plate.
The curious thing about that app for a low-power scooter mentions 50cc (of course) but also 4476 watts for electric, which come out right at 6 hp (not exactly low-power). If that's the case they should let us put any engine up to 6 hp. That app also doesn't mention anything about top speed. And what the heck does have a manual clutch have to do with anything? It seems that it only applies to stock manufactured scooters, not consumer assembled.

Since I'm in Colorado I'm curious about this also. I'm thinking you'll have a problem because it's a dirt bike. If a cop sees a dirt bike on the street they will expect it to have turn signals, lights, and a license plate.
The curious thing about that app for a low-power scooter mentions 50cc (of course) but also 4476 watts for electric, which come out right at 6 hp (not exactly low-power). If that's the case they should let us put any engine up to 6 hp. That app also doesn't mention anything about top speed. And what the heck does have a manual clutch have to do with anything? It seems that it only applies to stock manufactured scooters, not consumer assembled.
I was gonna get the bike fully street legal, with lights, horn, everything. The bigger problem is if the DMV runs the VIN during the app process, they'll see it wasn't manufactured as a 50cc bike, and will deny the app. Some Chinese bikes appear to not list motor size when decoding the VIN, so that may be an alternate option.
Honestly, CO is better than a lot of other states who outright exclude anything that shifts manually. Since CO requires insurance, I wish it was just anything under 50cc. I'm hoping to get around the clutch thing by using throwing a Rekluse in a KTM RK6 50cc engine. The LC 50cc geared engines can far exceed 10hp and 60 mph, which is why I'm not really interested in the electric angle. You're also boned if you ever run out of juice.

I finally found the video I saw awhile back which has a guy in Boulder CO who thoroughly explains what he has researched and experienced about riding motorized bikes in CO.

The legalization of pot drove the final nail into the coffin of what once was a cowboy state.
Enjoy all your regulations.....
Legalisation of pot here in New Mexico was just another nail in the coffin too.

We got something like 16 pot shops right here in Alamogordo...We only have a population of 32k.

It's pretty sad when we got more pot shops then we have dollar stores...lol.

Back