building a motorized bicycle, need help deciding on which motor should I buy?

Without a front brake, I suggest you familiarize yourself VERY quickly with how to properly service and maintain that coaster brake. I honestly cannot even believe there is an actual company selling complete motorized bicycles with no front brakes. It's a shame. Beautiful bike, but I just can't believe there is no front brake.

Last edited:
I agree with Butterbean, I'd be looking into adding additional braking capability to your new bike. Safety first.

Sounds like a nice find if she didn't pay too much... The retail price sure is spendy. With $2500 I could make one that goes 80.

A 2 stroke is probably the best kind of motor for her to be able to deliver enough power and not be too heavy. It's too much for me, but if somebody wanted to spend an extra few hundred, a zenoah powered bike would be the real deal. A 62cc zenoah delivers double the power (or more if modified) that the 66cc china stuff does.

I glanced real guick at those but they were airplane and marine. There is a 3.8 lite more flying horse sells. I just want to go with traffic which is 35 to 40.

Sounds like a nice find if she didn't pay too much... The retail price sure is spendy. With $2500 I could make one that goes 80.

A 2 stroke is probably the best kind of motor for her to be able to deliver enough power and not be too heavy. It's too much for me, but if somebody wanted to spend an extra few hundred, a zenoah powered bike would be the real deal. A 62cc zenoah delivers double the power (or more if modified) that the 66cc china stuff does.

6 horse, that's 3-4 times what a stock China girl makes.

Muzumi? carbs

For $2500 I could build a motoped. Unbelievable suspension and power. Go to utube motoped rider. Not the scooters. Should I get a muzumi carb for $65 bucks ? They say those adjust air and fuel mix.mine goes 38 mph with a different rider.

Back