18-Speed Bike Any Good For A Motor?

• Thread starter Deleted member 35369
  • Start date
If you have a crankset worth a darn it will have bolts instead of rivets, but I don't think I need to tell you that. Brand new chainrings are stupid cheap, last time I bought some sram had some for 8-10 usd to be used with 8 speed chain.

If you have a crankset worth a darn it will have bolts instead of rivets, but I don't think I need to tell you that. Brand new chainrings are stupid cheap, last time I bought some sram had some for 8-10 usd to be used with 8 speed chain.
Pablo still hase some left over. Check out what he still has on his ebay listing.

Aluminum chainrings are cheap; stainless steel ones aren't.

I had to remove my front gears, but TBH, have not changed gears on my bike since it got it's engine. Just no need to, it's just right as is. So it has 7 gears, but is functionally a one speed with a motor.

Way too much trouble to change to single, and then you can run into chain tension issues the rear derailleur will solve...

Back