Bogging down on hills

Greggl432

Local time
4:07 PM
Any heavier riders note bogging down going up hill with a 44 tooth sprocket? How bad is it?

I'm 348lbs, live in area with hills, not too steep, but long.

Thinking 44 tooth would be nice, but also wonder what it would be like with a 48 tooth sprocket.

It's a tough call, but i'll probably go with a 44 tooth.

There is one hill around here i'm pretty sure I wont be able to make it up,though I may be surprised!
95% of my riding won't be up hills anywhere near that steep. I mostly plan on doing long distance commutes and plan on losing weight

Thanks

Pedal assist or...
Bike Berry as a 54t sprocket to tackle hills

48t sprocket will help climb those hills too without giving up to much top end speed

Afraid you need more lower gearing, more HP or more oomph in your pedaling. We all feel your pain and have done the walk of shame up a steep hill. You are now 1 of the few, the proud and the brave!

Afraid you need more lower gearing, more HP or more oomph in your pedaling. We all feel your pain and have done the walk of shame up a steep hill. You are now 1 of the few, the proud and the brave!
Was that you I was passing by while going up a hill, on my 33cc 4 stroke engine; that I shifted into a lower gear??? Lol

if you have a torque monster like a Phantom or Avenger 44t with my 300lbs butt goes up inclines no problem, I live on an artificial incline as Florida 's tallest natural hill is an ant hill.

Or you can build something with a GX200 clone like myself and laugh at hills.

Back