Thoughts of using 2 part putty as a way to decrease stinger tip diameter on f2 exhaust

CuriousJojo100

Local time
4:46 PM
So I’ve been playing around with this exhaust mainly because I already have it. I know there are better exhausts out there but for some reason I’m stuck on seeing what I can get out of this one. I sanded down the welds on the inside of the flange and removed metal in the exhaust inlet to match the exhaust port. I noticed a difference in torque right away. Last night I was trying different ignition timing settings and I decided to put a lot of some 2 part epoxy in the stinger tip. I then got it smooth using sandpaper so the only thing providing back pressure would be the diameter of the hole instead of the roughness of the surface of the epoxy. I opened it up little by little. I have a ways to go but so far I am running a 32 tooth sprocket, ports cleaned up and moved a bit, inner lip of the transfers shaved a bit so the fuel/air mix will be directed up towards the spark plug, and a delorto clone carburetor. Mid-range torque is an absolute blast! I would however like more powet in the upper rpm range. I don’t really want anything over 7000rpm max because I want the motor to last. Any suggestions on what else I can do to modify this pipe or am I in unconquerable territory because everyone else buys better pipes?1st pic is where I started. Not much back pressure at all. 2nd pic is where it’s at currently.

Attachments

• IMG_1455.jpeg
    IMG_1455.jpeg
    128.8 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_1460.jpeg
    IMG_1460.jpeg
    141 KB · Views: 26
Do you have a picture of the whole pipe? Then I can make some recommendations. What's the outside diameters of the header at the flange and the stinger where it comes out of the convergent cone?

I did this on a bike before and it never did. This stuff gets hard enough to grind on. I rough sanded the inside of my pipe before applying too so it really sticks

Do you have a picture of the whole pipe? Then I can make some recommendations. What's the outside diameters of the header at the flange and the stinger where it comes out of the convergent cone?

Attachments

• IMG_1460.jpeg
    IMG_1460.jpeg
    141 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_0635.jpeg
    IMG_0635.jpeg
    253.4 KB · Views: 20
Back