Best color for repainting

GW's Motorized

Local time
4:00 PM
When buying a new bike and repainting it there I think the original paint could be used as a good base coat. I always like to use a black base coat, but id like to hear some opinions. From my experience a light grey or wite would be best for bright colors and black for dark colors.

When buying a new bike and repainting it there I think the original paint could be used as a good base coat. I always like to use a black base coat, but id like to hear some opinions. From my experience a light grey or wite would be best for bright colors and black for dark colors.
And here i always thought that black was the only colour???...lol...lol...Red trim is allowable with it though...lol.

Any color you like, lightly sand the whole bike and break the seal on the old paint, You'll need more coats of light paint as compared to darker colors.

Sand the original well, try to feather out any chips and scratches, a few coats of high build primer with a nice wet sand you should be good to go with a base prime that sort of matches your top coats and you will be golden or what ever your finished colour is.

Im not re painting anything right now. Im just wondering for when I build another bike. When i decide the color and my budget ill decide what bike to use

Back