Ports, Carburetor, Exhaust Questions.

Flash1987

Local time
6:05 AM
Ok so I am new to this forum but have been learning from it for about 3 years now, amazing stuff you guys have put in here very very useful to beginners like myself.

Now with that being said I could not find what I needed this time to help me solve my current issue.

I have a Zeda 80 bottom end 2 stroke I was running the 48mm piston, I had the pin break out of the piston and mangle everything up pretty good. Ended up buying a 49mm setup but was noticing that the exhaust port doesn't open to where when the piston is in it's lowest place you can see just the top of the piston. I can actually see the top edge of the top piston ring with mine currently but I played around and managed to get it running. Now here's my issues the plug always looks black and wet but If I lower the jet size it won't run I am using the bike berry f2 thrust exhaust the older carb not the new speed carbs but it has high idle choke can never be fully open 3/4 at most also when piston is at bottom a tiny bit of the intake port can be seen open. But my exhaust is starting to change color my plug outside has changed color and my cylinder head looks darker than it use to, so I know it's running pretty hot. Oh and the plug is a kgk replacement hear dating is a 7

Any advice making it run better and cooler is greatly appreciated and last thing I'm using 16:1 fuel oil I think I use 8 ounces to 1 gallon for my mix at the moment because I rie them kinda hard and live in Arizona.

I'm not sure on what the intake timing looks like because I don't have the tools to check it but here are what I do have in photos
IMG_20231204_173814839.jpg
IMG_20231117_010008832~2.jpg
IMG_20231204_173830038.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20231204_173839860.jpg
    IMG_20231204_173839860.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 46
  • IMG_20231117_010017856~2.jpg
    IMG_20231117_010017856~2.jpg
    181.7 KB · Views: 51
The fuel oil ratio mix is because I just had to pull my phantom 85 off of this frame because it just died while coming home from work on Saturday and I haven't had time to see why but I've consistently been fighting with the exhaust on that damn thing the ones they kept sending me as replacements had welds that we're not the greatest and it kept breaking around the top of the larger part of the pipe. They finally said I had exceeded the warranty on that.

The fuel oil ratio mix is because I just had to pull my phantom 85 off of this frame because it just died while coming home from work on Saturday and I haven't had time to see why but I've consistently been fighting with the exhaust on that damn thing the ones they kept sending me as replacements had welds that we're not the greatest and it kept breaking around the top of the larger part of the pipe. They finally said I had exceeded the warranty on that.
Did you support the exaust to the frame?

You have a low hole piston on a high hole rod. Zeda rods are all 40mm stroke rods. Find a piston with a high hole, it might solve your issue.

Here's the whole top end for $30.

Links to eBay may include affiliate code. If you click on an eBay link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
Back