Bent rims

JonathanC

Local time
7:54 AM
Hey guys I am brand new to this forum and to motorized bikes in general. I have a beach cruiser bike with an 80cc 2 stroke and coaster brakes. My second or third time out with it I decided it would be a good idea to ride it through a field with no trails. Long story short I hit a rut and ended up 10 feet from where the rut was with my bike on top of me. What was even worse is that both my front and rear wheels got bent and wobbly. It didn’t do much different as far as ride quality but now im a little hesitant to get up to the higher speeds for my safety. My question is, is it ok to ride on bent rims or should I take this time to upgrade them. The rims are Alloy 26" x 1.75" Stainless Steel with 14G Spokes. Thanks in advance guys!

Thanks for all of your feedback guys I am probably going to go down to my local bike store today to see what they recommend and I will also convert to disk brakes because I have heard story’s about coaster brakes failing a lot and loosening up bearings
The key thing is double walled rims both front and back

Thanks for all of your feedback guys I am probably going to go down to my local bike store today to see what they recommend and I will also convert to disk brakes because I have heard story’s about coaster brakes failing a lot and loosening up bearings
Yup, coaster brakes are dangerous. Almost as dangerous as fenders

Yup, coaster brakes are dangerous. Almost as dangerous as fenders
Yep, beware of fenders too unless they are really, truly, and properly reinforced.

Stick around, you will find that with most of us, safety is numero uno...lol...Everything else comes after safety issues are resolved or incorporated into our builds right from the very beginning, we actually like it when our members get to live long enough to be able to progress with this little hobby/sport of ours...lol.

No avoidable "dirt naps" allowed...lol...lol.

Back