Bending Exhaust. A few questions.

There was some...... But you didn't notice it that much.
Wrapping the pipe with rubber insulting tape then using a hickey bender to do a 2-3° bend will pull the pipe at least a 1/16" from the frame. Then remove the tape clean with alcohol. This will get you away from the frame with a smooth bend and no damage to the chrome.

Getting a straight line with the jackshaft shouldn't be an issue, they make them long enough to have at least a half inch left over.

Never put sand in an already made exhaust for a 2t, it's the nature of the beast to draw back fumes from the pipe and any sand with it.

Get a short piece of wood, inch long should do it, whittle a curve in one side, put the pipe and wood in your vise and give it a little squeeze. DONE!
What I'm saying is the engine still might need to be tilted to the right more than just what dimpling can provide. So he may dimple it and then later after running chain find that it needs bent. To the muffler question from Jerry AB, just pull the cap off and look in there. There's some type of canister built in that atleast cuts down on oil smoke. It's the first thing the header flows into before the exhaust flows up a set of baffles and then out of the muffler. Could be a spark arrestor or just an internal silencer not really sure what it is but it catches the oil from the exhaust and lets it fill the muffler cap full of oil.

Last edited:
The 4 stroke exhaust supplied with these kits is a problem.
I had to remove the front fender for clearance, but I decided
to buy a 4 stroke can type exhaust from BikeBerry for $8,
and problem solved. It fits the 142F and 144F and is just
as quiet as the original. But I had to buy bolts from
McMaster-Carr to install the exhaust. Bicycle-engines.com
also has the exhaust:

What I'm saying is the engine still might need to be tilted to the right more than just what dimpling can provide. So he may dimple it and then later after running chain find that it needs bent. To the muffler question from Jerry AB, just pull the cap off and look in there. There's some type of canister built in that atleast cuts down on oil smoke. It's the first thing the header flows into before the exhaust flows up a set of baffles and then out of the muffler. Could be a spark arrestor or just an internal silencer not really sure what it is but it catches the oil from the exhaust and lets it fill the muffler cap full of oil.
Yeah- I'm dying to open one of those up and section it. Restrictive as Heck, they are! My problem is, I don't have an extra unused one to pull apart, dang it.

I put the handle of a ratchet up through a hole that was already in my work bench then put the handle inside the exhaust. I didn't even heat it. I bent mine waaaaay farther than you'll need to, almost straight cause my jug's on backwards. The vise and wood trick may work fine as well. You don't need much. Definitely as it's sitting it will melt the sticker off that frame.

Last edited:
Something I picked up from Ralpho's first comment- So the stock China-Girl Exhaust has some sort of emission control-device in it? I was wondering what sort of baffling is in one of those.... without cutting mine apart*, has anyone done that? Photos?

*I am a CHEAP S.O.B. !
I dunno what you mean by cutting them apart but the bottom cap used to be removable as the muffler requires a draining of the oil from time to time. You should be able to unscrew the nut then twist and yank the cap off. I wouldn't be too surprised if the caps are welded on now but it's just going to force people to drill a drain hole and if they really care about leaking installing a drain plug.

Yeah- I'm dying to open one of those up and section it. Restrictive as Heck, they are! My problem is, I don't have an extra unused one to pull apart, dang it.
My experience is that the mufflers are tuned pretty good for a stock 66cc. I tried modifying some and I'd say the stock muffler is better than what you might think as far as keeping everything stock. If it's restrictive it may be clogged up. I am on the topic of 2 stroke mufflers as that is what yuckfoo has but I know these kits do use the same muffler on the 4 stroke atleast at one time they did. Forum member Steve Best has done some pretty extensive experimenting with these mufflers. He's worth looking up. My own experience pretty much parallels with his. There are riders that use the mufflers on expansion chambers and they don't have any complaints. Maybe up to just you need tuning or different fuel mix.

Last edited:
My experience is that the mufflers are tuned pretty good for a stock 66cc. I tried modifying some and I'd say the stock muffler is better than what you might think as far as keeping everything stock. If it's restrictive it may be clogged up. I am on the topic of 2 stroke mufflers as that is what yuckfoo has but I know these kits do use the same muffler on the 4 stroke atleast at one time they did. Forum member Steve Best has done some pretty extensive experimenting with these mufflers. He's worth looking up. My own experience pretty much parallels with his. There are riders that use the mufflers on expansion chambers and they don't have any complaints. Maybe up to just you need tuning or different fuel mix.
Agreed. In the case of my 144F, it's carb has "issues", and when I yanked the end cap off of the stock muffler. that woke it up a bit. The whole build barely has 25 miles on it yet.

Back