Looking for Exhaust Headers/Manifolds

ELITESCALD

Local time
8:31 AM
Greetings everyone, I've recently acquired a motorized kit and encountered a common problem with the exhaust system. Despite attempts, I am unable to bend this pipe without damaging it, rendering it unusable. Are there any aftermarket exhaust headers or manifolds available for this bike model that would kill the need for bending? I'm looking for a replacement that wouldn't demand excessive mods or fabrication.

My bike also shares the usual characteristics of a motorized kit, but a pedal crank has complications with exhaust positioning. I appreciate y'all on this matter.

You can heat it with a torch and bend it in a vice,it solved my clearance problems.

Greetings everyone, I've recently acquired a motorized kit and encountered a common problem with the exhaust system. Despite attempts, I am unable to bend this pipe without damaging it, rendering it unusable. Are there any aftermarket exhaust headers or manifolds available for this bike model that would kill the need for bending? I'm looking for a replacement that wouldn't demand excessive mods or fabrication.

My bike also shares the usual characteristics of a motorized kit, but a pedal crank has complications with exhaust positioning. I appreciate y'all on this matter.
Cut it and add in a short section of flex pipe.

I've just used a torch or the strong arm method for small adjustments. Never tried it but you can pack it full of dry sand and bend it with less chance of kinking.

If you squeeze the pipe a bit, it will still function perfectly. I damage them on purpose when I fit them, just squeeze them in a vise and bend by hand. Most of the time it only needs 3 or 4mm.

You can heat it with a torch and bend it in a vice,it solved my clearance problems.
I'm not so keen on the torch idea since I don't have one. I'm more interested if there are any aftermarket exhaust headers/manifolds that would fit without requiring a ton of mods. Any leads on that?

From my experience you will probably have to bend any pipe you get to fit it properly. The stock pipe that comes with the basic kits should bend pretty easily, but you will need a little propane torch. A torch is maybe $20 and you will have it forever

A torch is maybe $20 and you will have it forever
A torch sounds great for bending, especially for getting everything to fit just right. But right now, I'm just not in the position to pick one up. Maybe down the line, but for now, I'll have to go without it.

From my experience you will probably have to bend any pipe you get to fit it properly. The stock pipe that comes with the basic kits should bend pretty easily, but you will need a little propane torch. A torch is maybe $20 and you will have it forever
I seriously gave your idea some thought, but all the people I spoke with weren't very impressed. They firmly believe better alts are out there, even though they didn't offer specifics. Based on their thoughts, I've decided to permanently scrap the torch concept. Now, I'm turning again to this community to ask if anyone has suggestions for aftermarket parts, such as exhaust headers or manifolds, that could tackle my issue more efficiently. I welcome any relevant solutions.

Back