Questions on frame bending

robe

Local time
11:09 PM
I need to spread my dropouts to move the wheel back to center. My frame has wish bones top and bottom.
I re read the thread on frame bending from September, good info there. Also, I've watched several you tubes on frame bending as well as the venerable Paul Brody on frame alignment. So I have some idea what needs to be done.

My questions are, if I spread the dropouts apart with all thread, how can I ensure that both sides will spread equally? Also what if any draw backs are there to using heat?

I'm thinking of spreading them apart and using heat on one side at a time to set them in place, I can make a gauge to measure a line from the head and seat tubes out to the dropouts to get both sides the same. After this is done, I would make a spreader block to go between the arms and pull the chain stays in using the same method to make them parallel to each other.

Am I on the right track?

I would appreciate any input on this. Thanks.

I've done that a couple of times. Just grabbed by hand and pulled them out a lil bit, not much was needed. Don't remember if the frames were steel or alloy. Good ? on getting them equal, you want the wheel to track straight.

Links to eBay may include affiliate code. If you click on an eBay link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
Something like this might help?
Turn those clamps around and that would be perfect. I'd still do it by hand myself.

1705513850985.png

Links to eBay may include affiliate code. If you click on an eBay link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
Back