Back firing.

If you had the magneto apart, did you mark the front side of the rotor before you took it off? If you install it front to back, it throws the timing off, and it will not start. - - Still good spark, but no start.
This I know from personal experience.

If you had the magneto apart, did you mark the front side of the rotor before you took it off? If you install it front to back, it throws the timing off, and it will not start. - - Still good spark, but no start.
This I know from personal experience.
If your asking if I flipped the part that has 4 screws? No I didnt. The the magnet with that's held on by the nut that spins with the motor?

The keyway should be at one o'clock with the flats of the magnet (rotating device) horizontal. Below is correct for the magnet.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190728-210536.png
    Screenshot_20190728-210536.png
    593 KB · Views: 73
In the picture above the coil is mounted with the four bolts. It's a coil of wires that picks up a voltage arc from the spinning magnet that is stored in the capacitor in the cdi, on the next and every other revolution it fires. I was intrigued by this when I first started working on bike engines, so I built my own.
1636497117373.png
1636497429553.png

In the picture above the coil is mounted with the four bolts. It's a coil of wires that picks up a voltage arc from the spinning magnet that is stored in the capacitor in the cdi, on the next and every other revolution it fires. I was intrigued by this when I first started working on bike engines, so I built my own.
View attachment 160784View attachment 160786
Every other "stroke"?...It fires every revolution. Sorry, not being mean, figured you mixed up the two terms. Just clarifying for new guys that are reading.

I thought about what I wrote after I had left home, I should have left “other” out! Getting old stinks.

I thought about what I wrote after I had left home, I should have left “other” out! Getting old stinks.
Trust me, I feel your pain. We are in the same boat. lol. Just remember to correct me ( please) when you see a typo. I will thank you for it.

Please also feel free to correct me if I am flat wrong too. I may be, indulging in adult substances and shouldn't be on here giving advice. lol

Back