Phantom 85 choke

OrionSphere

Local time
6:21 PM
Break-in period on my phantom running 20:1, I start my motor with full choke and then turn it to about half. If I turn it any higher it stops firing or has very little power. It seems to (maybe) run better after the engine is fully warmed up at five minutes (with full choke) but it's still weird.

I've sprayed all over my engine for leaks with both carb cleaner and starting fluid, no changes in engine tone. Carb is secured well and no airways from there. Haven't checked my seals like the one under the magneto, but if it is an airleak it isn't major because I when I pull in the clutch the engine doesn't rev. It idles decently well after warmed up with about half choke.

C clip is at second from top (almost at leanest setting) I haven't checked my spark plug because I can't plug chop, my kill switch is on the center of my handlebars, the wires don't reach up to where my clutch or throttle handle is.

Ideas?

Break-in period on my phantom running 20:1, I start my motor with full choke and then turn it to about half. If I turn it any higher it stops firing or has very little power. It seems to (maybe) run better after the engine is fully warmed up at five minutes (with full choke) but it's still weird.

I've sprayed all over my engine for leaks with both carb cleaner and starting fluid, no changes in engine tone. Carb is secured well and no airways from there. Haven't checked my seals like the one under the magneto, but if it is an airleak it isn't major because I when I pull in the clutch the engine doesn't rev. It idles decently well after warmed up with about half choke.

C clip is at second from top (almost at leanest setting) I haven't checked my spark plug because I can't plug chop, my kill switch is on the center of my handlebars, the wires don't reach up to where my clutch or throttle handle is.

Ideas?
So, the clip is in the second leanest setting, and once warmed up you can't turn the choke off- which causes it to run richer. Have you tried following the clues it gave you and making the needle richer? Sounds to me like it's running out of fuel.

So, the clip is in the second leanest setting, and once warmed up you can't turn the choke off- which causes it to run richer. Have you tried following the clues it gave you and making the needle richer? Sounds to me like it's running out of fuel.
Made it a bit richer, wayyyy better thank you

Back