4 stroking, help

Datboi

Local time
9:56 PM
hello, i have a 2stroke 80cc kit.

first off, I wanna ask what's the correct fuel to oil mixture as I don't remember anymore, both for the break-in period and after....

one thing I did back when I got the kit is remove the exhaust cap, it seem to gave the bike a lot more power, with the cap on the engine doesn't really wanna rev up when you give it throttle....

however one issue I have, at full throttle, it builds up revs quite nicely, but at some point it starts 4 stroking, like cutting in and out....

does this mean my main jet is too rich or is it something else?

if it is indeed too rich, would removing the air filter improve it? it seems like those little filters are very restricting (ofc not planning to ride without it, but just as a test!)

A little 4 stroking at WOT is to be expected, you shouldn't be testing that right now anyway. Get it broke in first. Never ride without an air filter, the rear tire is right there and will kick up all kinds of dirt and grit. Sounds like you got it running fine right now.

A little 4 stroking at WOT is to be expected, you shouldn't be testing that right now anyway. Get it broke in first. Never ride without an air filter, the rear tire is right there and will kick up all kinds of dirt and grit. Sounds like you got it running fine right now.
i reckon it's broken in already, i haven't used it in a few years but i must've gone trough 2-3 tanks in this

is it possible i'm not getting enough backpressure with the cap off? also, aren't 2 stroke engines supposed to have an expansion chamber to run better? perhaps drilling holes in the stock cap would allow it to brethe better?

is it possible i'm not getting enough backpressure with the cap off? also, aren't 2 stroke engines supposed to have an expansion chamber to run better? perhaps drilling holes in the stock cap would allow it to brethe better?
Just near me there is a cart race track and the 125 2Ts that they race there have an expansion chamber exhaust without a stinger. They run 12k rpm. Can you say "Track full of Bees"?

Just take it easy for a while. So many run the bag off them out of the gate and burn them up in short order. Run it as is for a few more tanks of fuel then start to tune it, no rush.

Just take it easy for a while. So many run the bag off them out of the gate and burn them up in short order. Run it as is for a few more tanks of fuel then start to tune it, no rush.
i did take it as easy as I could for a while, but it's impossible here, these are road illegal, I drive on the mountains and rough countryside so the engine will get a beating, I did do 16:1 for the first 3 tanks now doing 20:1.... oh well if it dies who cares these things are dirt cheap luckily :)

People say that about holley carburetors too. Those guys generally go through a handful of them instead of buying an edelbrock lol
In @Datboi's Country, they probably are not familiar with Edelbrock Or Holley as carburetors....You do not usually find them on Fiats, Lamborghini's, or Ferrari's...lol.

Back