Constant popping noise

I forgot what it is for, but there is a gasket for some Toyota that will work as an eaust gasket and it works much better. Maybe someone on here knows

I forgot what it is for, but there is a gasket for some Toyota that will work as an eaust gasket and it works much better. Maybe someone on here knows
O2 sensor
Get rid of the stock exhaust gasket that came with the engine kit and clean off any other "goop" that you may have tried along with it.

Use this Toyota Highlander O2 sensor gasket instead, available at Toyota dealership or also at autoparts stores such as Auto Zone, Advance Auto Parts, etc.

Here is the current Toyota dealer parts#/stock#, for that gasket...89466-20020-83.

If you shop Autozone, Amazon, etc., its a "Dorman" brand part number ...Dorman 47021.

https://www.amazon.com/Dorman-47021-Oxygen-Sensor-Seal/dp/B000TYU1WE

When installing this gasket, you will need to slightly elongate the holes that go over the studs/bolts...I use a slightly largerbolt to do this through those holes.

You will notice that this gasket has some metal affixed to both sides of the gasket...The side that has the most metal is what goes against the exhaust pipe itself...DO NOT use any gasket sealers with this gasket.

Links to Amazon may include affiliate code. If you click on an Amazon link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
Get rid of the stock exhaust gasket that came with the engine kit and clean off any other "goop" that you may have tried along with it.

Use this Toyota Highlander O2 sensor gasket instead, available at Toyota dealership or also at autoparts stores such as Auto Zone, Advance Auto Parts, etc.

Here is the current Toyota dealer parts#/stock#, for that gasket...89466-20020-83.

If you shop Autozone, Amazon, etc., its a "Dorman" brand part number ...Dorman 47021.

When installing this gasket, you will need to slightly elongate the holes that go over the studs/bolts...I use a slightly largerbolt to do this through those holes.

You will notice that this gasket has some metal affixed to both sides of the gasket...The side that has the most metal is what goes against the exhaust pipe itself...DO NOT use any gasket sealers with this gasket.
You try this with oversized exhaust port engines?

Links to Amazon may include affiliate code. If you click on an Amazon link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
You try this with oversized exhaust port engines?
NO...This O2 sensor gasket only works with the standard exhaust ports that exist on the normal China Girls.

It wont' work on my P-85 as a for instance, that port is 28mm with a 60mm stud spacing, much too large for that O2 sensor gasket which is for the normal small port size with 40mm stud spacing.

NO...This O2 sensor gasket only works with the standard exhaust ports that exist on the normal China Girls.

It wont' work on my P-85 as a for instance, that port is 28mm with a 60mm stud spacing, much too large for that O2 sensor gasket which is for the normal small port size with 40mm stud spacing.
Bummer, I'll have to scrounge around our collection of old metal EGR gaskets.

Use this Toyota Highlander O2 sensor gasket instead,

There was actually a review on amazon relating to china girls....

For the intended application it seems fine - a little rough.
For the gas bike application - besides having to drill out and expand the holes - I'm questioning the need in the first place. The problem is more in the mounting flange and hardware than in the solid fiber gaskets. Take a minute to ensure the flange is flat and dress carefully on the flat side of a wheel if needed. The bolts must be grade 10.9 - if they look cheesy - don't use them. Get, and/or cut and dress some better. DO NOT use thread sealer (not even high-temp.) And DO check and retighten 3X after riding. Finally be prepared to repair the threads in the head - which are very soft. That's not a beginner task.

There was actually a review on amazon relating to china girls....

For the intended application it seems fine - a little rough.
For the gas bike application - besides having to drill out and expand the holes - I'm questioning the need in the first place. The problem is more in the mounting flange and hardware than in the solid fiber gaskets. Take a minute to ensure the flange is flat and dress carefully on the flat side of a wheel if needed. The bolts must be grade 10.9 - if they look cheesy - don't use them. Get, and/or cut and dress some better. DO NOT use thread sealer (not even high-temp.) And DO check and retighten 3X after riding. Finally be prepared to repair the threads in the head - which are very soft. That's not a beginner task.
Another important thing is to make sure the muffler is supported, this keeps it from vibrating and distorting the gasket.

Back