Avenger 85 Log.

Links to eBay may include affiliate code. If you click on an eBay link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
Links to eBay may include affiliate code. If you click on an eBay link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
Almost impossible to keep chainlube out of it, but here is what I do to minimise the problem.

After I have lubed the chain and let things fling around as it will after taking a ride, I then take a bottle of 91% isopropyl alcohol and wipe down the disk with it nice and wet whilst spinning the wheel with the pedals and also make sure to apply a little pressure on the brake lever to also make sure that the pads are also free of any chain lubirication...Works like a charm and only takes a few minutes.

91% percent also dries rapidly.
Thanks, I guess the pads last a little longer with some lube? Lol.

Late to the conversation, but In my experience caliper brakes work just fine if adjusted correctly. I got a pair to last 700 miles at periodic speeds of over 40 mph... Your probably just off center or there's not enough spring tension to properly return the pads off the rims, causing the torque of the motor to grind down the pads very quickly. Also, it sounds like you have old pads, which rubber becomes brittle over time. Best to get a new set of pads or just replace the brake altogether with a new setup. Here's a caliper brake that I found that will work with your setup, It even says In the description it's good for motorized bike builds (Ik...grain of salt) but it's only 20 bucks:
https://www.amazon.com/Sunlite-Rear...79&sprefix=beach+cruiser+brake,aps,126&sr=8-6

Links to Amazon may include affiliate code. If you click on an Amazon link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
Late to the conversation, but In my experience caliper brakes work just fine if adjusted correctly. I got a pair to last 700 miles at periodic speeds of over 40 mph... Your probably just off center or there's not enough spring tension to properly return the pads off the rims, causing the torque of the motor to grind down the pads very quickly. Also, it sounds like you have old pads, which rubber becomes brittle over time. Best to get a new set of pads or just replace the brake altogether with a new setup. Here's a caliper brake that I found that will work with your setup, It even says In the description it's good for motorized bike builds (Ik...grain of salt) but it's only 20 bucks:
https://www.amazon.com/Sunlite-Rear-Bicycle-Brake-Kit/dp/B00LOZ9NK8/ref=sr_1_6?crid=2PQFJHN98APH8&keywords=beach+cruiser+brakes&qid=1706548279&sprefix=beach+cruiser+brake,aps,126&sr=8-6
It would be very helpful to know exactly who, and which post, you are actually replying to, especially because you are a little "Tardy to the Party"...lol...Just saying

Links to Amazon may include affiliate code. If you click on an Amazon link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
https://www.amazon.com/Sunlite-Rear...79&sprefix=beach+cruiser+brake,aps,126&sr=8-6
I actually bought that exact set.

And I am very particular with brakes, so they were adjusted properly.

I'm just a big guy, it's a heavy bike and kinetic energy is squared so physics are against me, someone half my size would probably be fine.

Back