2 bikes 2 pipes

I ran the bike with the muffler attached and was disappointed. It is so quiet!!! I think it is quieter than running stock with just the muffler. It also lost a little get upfront when it was just the loud pipe. I think it is time for some muffler mods. What do you guys think?
Cut the tube out that muffler. It should be louder and less restrictive. That's a genius ides using that muffler to reduce the stinger size on those cheap expansion pipes

Cut the tube out that muffler. It should be louder and less restrictive. That's a genius ides using that muffler to reduce the stinger size on those cheap expansion pipes
So I just take the cap off and cut down the tube inside? What about drilling holes in the cap? I don't want to make too little resistance. I guess I should try one thi g at a time

So I just take the cap off and cut down the tube inside? What about drilling holes in the cap? I don't want to make too little resistance. I guess I should try one thi g at a time
Yeah, just pull the cap and cut the tube. I did it with a hack saw, it could be done with a grinder too

I ran the bike with the muffler attached and was disappointed. It is so quiet!!! I think it is quieter than running stock with just the muffler. It also lost a little get upfront when it was just the loud pipe. I think it is time for some muffler mods. What do you guys think?
Yes, I think. If you're hell bent to make a good silencer and don't care too much for that stocker, then the best "muffler" is from modding it.

Save your connecting pipe, and cut the end off. Remove the cap on the discharge end. Get a piece of pipe the same size as the one that is already there, make it long enough to go all the way down the center of the muffler. The center pipe needs to be drilled crossway a lot. I just drilled mine straight through, turned 1/4 and drilled it again. Repeat until the hole piece is full of holes. Leave enough space at each end to put on the caps.

Actually you don't have to keep the piece you cut off, just get a whole new center pipe long enough to reach where you want it to go.

Check my photo in the MB Challenge thread for the way it turned out. It's got a cool sound but not loud.

Yes, I think. If you're hell bent to make a good silencer and don't care too much for that stocker, then the best "muffler" is from modding it.

Save your connecting pipe, and cut the end off. Remove the cap on the discharge end. Get a piece of pipe the same size as the one that is already there, make it long enough to go all the way down the center of the muffler. The center pipe needs to be drilled crossway a lot. I just drilled mine straight through, turned 1/4 and drilled it again. Repeat until the hole piece is full of holes. Leave enough space at each end to put on the caps.

Actually you don't have to keep the piece you cut off, just get a whole new center pipe long enough to reach where you want it to go.

Check my photo in the MB Challenge thread for the way it turned out. It's got a cool sound but not loud.
I should also mention I stuffed it full of pink insulation before I welded it back to gether.

You can always do a redneck resonate off the end of the muffler to make it louder, that's what I did 😆

It's a piece of flex pipe, I don't remember the diameter, but it does make it louder
20230604_150029.jpg

I don't have the tools and skills to do all the fabricating you guys are talking about. I think I'm gonna have to stick with the simple stuff that GW suggested. I do have a hacksaw. I used it to cut the muffler pipe. It went through like butter. Cheap chinesium steel

I don't have the tools and skills to do all the fabricating you guys are talking about. I think I'm gonna have to stick with the simple stuff that GW suggested. I do have a hacksaw. I used it to cut the muffler pipe. It went through like butter. Cheap chinesium steel
Yup, that's how I chopped mine. I don't know how it will work with the expansion pipe

Here's what the insides look like

Attachments

• 20230629_181346.jpg
    20230629_181346.jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 53
  • 20230629_181314.jpg
    20230629_181314.jpg
    191.6 KB · Views: 70
Back