YD100 Top Speed

We have bike paths just like that here, not illegal to ride. Should be illegal to walk.
In the USA walking/cycling paths/greenways you can ride on them just not under engine power. Cyclist must yield to pedestrians and alert them using a bell/low volume horn when approaching them from behind.

Many of these greenways/walking paths are tolerant of electric vehicles because they don't contribute to noise pollution like a combustion engine does. If caught using a combustion engine on these paths the fines can be very expensive.

In the USA walking/cycling paths/greenways you can ride on them just not under engine power. Cyclist must yield to pedestrians and alert them using a bell/low volume horn when approaching them from behind.

Many of these greenways/walking paths are tolerant of electric vehicles because they don't contribute to noise pollution like a combustion engine does. If caught using a combustion engine on these paths the fines can be very expensive.
Different munis have different rules.

In Tampa, you'd be shocked how many people you see on mopeds on sidewalks.

Very illegal, but I haven't seen one get busted yet.

Different munis have different rules.
My understanding of the regs in my state is that a motorized bicycle can be operated anywhere a standard non-motorized bicycle can - sidewalks, trails and off-road while on motor power. Including I-40, which is legal for bicycles here

My understanding of the regs in my state is that a motorized bicycle can be operated anywhere a standard non-motorized bicycle can - sidewalks, trails and off-road while on motor power. Including I-40, which is legal for bicycles here
what state do you live in ?

There's no state in the USA which allows a combustion engine vehicle to be operated on a sidewalk. If you can't post the legal statutes then you don't know what your laws are. No motorized bicycle or bicycle is allowed onto an interstate roadway in the USA.

what state do you live in ?
Arizona. My understanding is that in AZ, motorized bicycles are considered to be bicycles in every respect, including limitations on where they can be ridden and all other required behaviors for riding a bicycle. We have limits on such things as engine size and a speed limit, but are permitted wherever a bicycle is. If there's a limitation re sidewalks.... I missed it (entirely possible!) .

I should also point out that metropolitan areas here probably have local ordinances prohibiting motors on sidewalks. I also am not advocating the practice of riding on sidewalks.....

Back