new yd100

I might switch to that one for my Phantom, I don't like how far a BR6HS goes into the phantom cylinder.
that is the exact reason I run the bpmr7a plug. That, and it's the factory type plug for the Stihl 046 and a few other saws, so it's also easy to get. The threaded body sits flush with the combustion chamber. That combined with the projected electrode helps keep the electrode more present in the chamber but without any potential mechanical clearance issues, especially at higher RPM. There are obviously bpmr6a and bpmr8a if you want to play around with the heat ranges, but I have had zero issues with the 7 heat range on the projected electrode.

that is the exact reason I run the bpmr7a plug. That, and it's the factory type plug for the Stihl 046 and a few other saws, so it's also easy to get. The threaded body sits flush with the combustion chamber. That combined with the projected electrode helps keep the electrode more present in the chamber but without any potential mechanical clearance issues, especially at higher RPM. There are obviously bpmr6a and bpmr8a if you want to play around with the heat ranges, but I have had zero issues with the 7 heat range on the projected electrode.
That's good. I am worried about carbon building up on the threads and screwing up the threads on the jug when I take it out.

Back