new yd100

Soulfly

Local time
4:46 AM
Hey guys hopefully I'm getting a yd100 on a felt faker in a few days before I run in I'm going to try do go thru it and trouble shoot any poticial problems. I've heard a couple times the wrist pin clips are crap I went on ahead and got a couple of extra has any body done this is it necessary? I'm a noob when it come to 2 strokes or working on engines in general so I be asking question once I start. As far as jetting the carb should that be done before it breaks in or after? If anybody has any advise or things I need to do before I start it the first time I'd appreciate any and all suggestions. In time I'm going to do a few mods to it after break in so I'm sure I'll have questions. Looking forward to working with you fellas.

Hey guys hopefully I'm getting a yd100 on a felt faker in a few days before I run in I'm going to try do go thru it and trouble shoot any poticial problems. I've heard a couple times the wrist pin clips are crap I went on ahead and got a couple of extra has any body done this is it necessary? I'm a noob when it come to 2 strokes or working on engines in general so I be asking question once I start. As far as jetting the carb should that be done before it breaks in or after? If anybody has any advise or things I need to do before I start it the first time I'd appreciate any and all suggestions. In time I'm going to do a few mods to it after break in so I'm sure I'll have questions. Looking forward to working with you fellas.
Jetting should be done before and during break in and I also like doing mods after break In and about the circlips I don’t know because I’m trying to find some good ones myself

Links to Amazon may include affiliate code. If you click on an Amazon link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
Hey thanks guys any more advise for a noib would be appreciated. I think I got a couple of clips from bikeberrys.

Get some internal snap rings.
That is another excellent idea. I've been wondering what to do will the sketchy circlips that come with the stock motors. I don't really need the whole kit but I suppose it is a small price to pay.

Links to Amazon may include affiliate code. If you click on an Amazon link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
Did you try the metric ones? I was wondering if 10mm is at rest or would you need to use 12mm to fit in the groove?
You would need the one with the OD the same as your wrist pin. In my case that was 12mm, and it didn't work. I could only assume 10mm is even less likely to happen. It likely would work on a much larger wrist pin.

Back