YD100 Top Speed

I should also point out that metropolitan areas here probably have local ordinances prohibiting motors on sidewalks. I also am not advocating the practice of riding on sidewalks.....
I was good friends with the late KC Vale. He was trying to get legislation passed to have the speed increased to more than 20 mph. It's true your state Arizona treats motorized bicycles like a regular bicycle for the most part. However, combustion engines still aren't allowed to operate on sidewalks or park pathways.

In your state electric vehicles that are allowed on sidewalks and park pathways can't exceed 10 mph. It also varies from city to city whether or not human-powered bicycles are allowed on sidewalks.

Here we can ride on the sidewalk if there isn't a bike lane provided. Some of the roads around here don't even have shoulders, let alone a bike lane or sidewalk, just a white line.

There's about a 2 mile stretch of Interstate 5 freeway in Central Ca. where bicycles are allowed on, but only from one on ramp to the next off ramp because there is no other way around. That stretch of the freeway has a big wide shoulder for bicycles

I rode my Whizzer on that part of the freeway and at first I thought I got on the freeway by mistake :LOL:

I was good friends with the late KC Vale. He was trying to get legislation passed to have the speed increased to more than 20 mph. It's true your state Arizona treats motorized bicycles like a regular bicycle for the most part. However, combustion engines still aren't allowed to operate on sidewalks or park pathways.

In your state electric vehicles that are allowed on sidewalks and park pathways can't exceed 10 mph. It also varies from city to city whether or not human-powered bicycles are allowed on sidewalks.
Afaik (and i could be wrong) ebikes and gas bikes are not the same under the law, here. Last i looked, there were regs written about electric bikes specifically. Not generally applicable to gas bikes, because they specify the type (electric).

All moot tbh. I never ride on sidewalks....

If you have ever drove from Princeton to Tulameen, that ditch is a ravine, and only one lane. The river has to be down there 250ft or more.
I used to travel highway 3 to visit my Grandparents in Trail a few times a year but have never explored around Princeton.
BC has more than it's share of mountain side cuts.

Back