wont start

jonbo

Local time
8:42 AM
so recently bought a bike for me son been a fun bit of work but now i have an issue where its not starting i have a spark ive replaced the carb as it wasnt looking healthy and if i spray fuel into carb it starts i have put fresh fuel in tank checked the fuel filter the bike is a cpi 50sm if this helps
be gently its my firsts post

Cool bike. I don't know much about it, but if you replaced the carb, it may need tuning.

Cool bike. I don't know much about it, but if you replaced the carb, it may need tuning.
so it didn't want to start initially but once i sprayed fuel for a few moments it started and i managed to get it running but it died after maybe 2 minutes i need to add oil and cooling so i don't mind. in short im an idiot and thank you (i couldn't see the wood for the trees)

so it didn't want to start initially but once i sprayed fuel for a few moments it started and i managed to get it running but it died after maybe 2 minutes i need to add oil and cooling so i don't mind. in short im an idiot and thank you (i couldn't see the wood for the trees)
did you run it w/o oil and coolant?

i did. i know thats stupid and somewhat dangerous but i didnt run it long i kept an eye on temp it had water in it though and when i say oil i mean 2 stroke oil not engine oil
When you run a 2 stroke with out 2 cycle oil, it causes permanent damage. It's not like there's a point where it ruins the motor, it happens gradually.

If it did cause bad enough damage, the motor would need a top and bottom end rebuild.

Maybe you got lucky this time, but don't do that again.

When you run a 2 stroke with out 2 cycle oil, it causes permanent damage. It's not like there's a point where it ruins the motor, it happens gradually.

If it did cause bad enough damage, the motor would need a top and bottom end rebuild.

Maybe you got lucky this time, but don't do that again.
thanks for the warning. ill make sure to get 2 stroke in it and hope for the best. glad there are helpful people out there. thank you again for advice

If you can get it to run spray the seals with carb clean or even water. If it stalls you have found an air leak and need to tighten up. The head bolts also need to be torqued to 144 inch pounds
This isn't the standard cg motor

iu

Back