Will there ever be a way to stop my rear tire from burning up when I start?

Allen wrench. I mean
Do you have a double legged center kickstand on your bike?
I never can because I’m too weak! (I think)

Ive tried that in 1st gear. It always turns over a few turns, then stops. It’s hard, but not abnormal.

You say you got gears? "1st gear" What do ya got a Shift Kit. Try riding it and starting it in a higher gear maybe the tire won't skid

Do you have a double legged center kickstand on your bike?

You say you got gears? "1st gear" What do ya got a Shift Kit. Try riding it and starting it in a higher gear maybe the tire won't skid
No I don’t have a shift kit. I mean petaling gears. I have a normal kick stand. No double ledged

That’ll rip your drill out of your hand if your not careful! It’d be cool if the made a freewheel adapter or something..

They DO make standard ratchet adaptors,
that’ll keep the nut/bolt from spinning off the crank.

This adaptor fits between the socket and the drill, and will prevent the engine from overspinning the nut/bolt.

When the engine starts, the ratchet adapter will freewheel.

Links to eBay may include affiliate code. If you click on an eBay link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
It's never a good idea to crank on that nut, it's not a 4 bolt main small block.
Still good alternative to some of us that are 5 foot nothing and get knocked over in a minor breeze.
Reminds me of this guy back in the 70s that bought a brand new GL1000, first stop light he went to put his foot down and couldn't reach and the bike fell over on him and he didn't have the strength to pick it up.

you're going too slow, as you need to have some good speed (id say at least 5-10mph pedaling) and drop the clutch.

since your in first gear on the bike, your doing maybe 1mph, and the engine doesn't have enough force to get it to start (ie you're bogging it by going too low for the gear ratio)

also, adjust the clutch so it's fully disengaged when the stopper is pushed in, should make pedaling easier.

another tip, when you let go of the clutch, bring it back in as soon as it engages the motor (hard to explain, but once the engine moves a few revolutions it'll fire away, needs some practice to get it perfect) keeps you from lugging the engine all the time.

1607801559162.png

1607801625791.png

Dude!
You skid because you STOP PEDALING as soon as you let go of the clutch! You are using FRICTION POWER between the tire and the ground to transfer your MOMENTUM POWER from your weight in motion to start the bike!

Don't stop pedaling when you release the clutch! You need to use your MUSCLE POWER on your pedals through your chain to start the engine.

Another starting tip: (after the engine is hot)
Pedal; Give it gas; release the clutch. As soon as it fires, pull the clutch back in with high throtle to build RPM/power in the engine. Then gradually let out the clutch, to apply high power to your slow speed.

Dude!
You skid because you STOP PEDALING as soon as you let go of the clutch! You are using FRICTION POWER between the tire and the ground to transfer your MOMENTUM POWER from your weight in motion to start the bike!

Don't stop pedaling when you release the clutch! You need to use your MUSCLE POWER on your pedals through your chain to start the engine.

Another starting tip: (after the engine is hot)
Pedal; Give it gas; release the clutch. As soon as it fires, pull the clutch back in with high throtle to build RPM/power in the engine. Then gradually let out the clutch, to apply high power to your slow speed.
I second what this guy stated.

Back