Whats up with these carburetors?

daveet66

Local time
4:45 AM
Once again On my 4th engine can't drive over 2 or 3 blocks like 2 of my other engines without walking it home! Pin falls out of my carb so I buy a new carb the pin falls out of this one and I did not mess with the pins at all I just put the carbs on I don't get it! Saving up for electric bike these suck!!

Once again On my 4th engine can't drive over 2 or 3 blocks like 2 of my other engines without walking it home! Pin falls out of my carb so I buy a new carb the pin falls out of this one and I did not mess with the pins at all I just put the carbs on I don't get it! Saving up for electric bike these suck!!
200.gif

the pin that holds the tickler thing in on nt carb and that seat needle does it have to go in a certain way or can you just make sure it's in?
Just get rid of the NT carby with the tickler like most of us have already done and use the JRL BoFeng instead...They have eliminated that entire "tickler" set up as you can see in this pic in the link below and its only an $11.99 cost to replace it and eliminate that problem altogether.

Many of us have mentioned this many times in the forum, surprised you missed it...lol.

https://www.amazon.com/JRL-Carburetor-Stroke-Motorized-Bicycle/dp/B08N9WYS1V

Make sure that you use the needle that comes with the BoFeng, not the one from the cheap NT and make sure the little C clip is in the middle groove position on the needle valve.

The pic below shows it in the top position which is full lean...You want it in the middle groove for your approx. 1,000 foot elevation in Omaha.

Slide Needle Grooves.JPG

Links to Amazon may include affiliate code. If you click on an Amazon link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
What in the ever living hell is a tickler?

+ Just get a bofeng. I've put around 800 to 1000 miles on mine so far with ZERO issues. You either have really bad luck or you're doing something wrong.

What in the ever living hell is a tickler
See that little button next to the idle adjustment screw?...Thats a "tickler" it is supposed to give the carby a little "juice" before taking off to start it...I have never once had to use this so-called "feature" when I was running NT's and they always wind up either leaking or just pop right out making the leakage much worse.

The BoFeng eliminates this entirely and added bonus is they have an emulsifier tube inside which gives smooth throttle in all throttle ranges.

The left pic is the NT.
The right pic is the BoFeng.
41gR5XKKqwL._AC_SX466_.jpg
616jGJ0ukBL._AC_SX425_.jpg

On the Bofeng does the push button drain leak any?

Back