Eff these clutches

Here is a cheap clutch mod that looks like it would work. I haven't tried it or seen any in the real but it looks ok to me.

The spinning bolts look nasty and they may hit the crank arm or tear the pants right off the rider. Some kind of a cover would be in order.

BTW the 90* travel Agent can be mounted by using the pulley nut and bolt

I mounted a L bracket for an example

DSCF2929.JPG

To answer the question about the centrifugal clutch (being I am likely the only member that has stuck around with one) they work decent, but I wouldn't recommend for a higher power engine. Ive topped my bt80 out at 40mph once and the clutch holds up pretty well to that. With your bike being heavier I don't think it would fare as well especially with more engine power. The centrifugal clutch on my bt80 is also very noisy, and from what I could find they are always noisy. There is also no way to change the oil without pulling the entire clutch cover apart.

To answer the question about the centrifugal clutch (being I am likely the only member that has stuck around with one) they work decent, but I wouldn't recommend for a higher power engine. Ive topped my bt80 out at 40mph once and the clutch holds up pretty well to that. With your bike being heavier I don't think it would fair as well especially with more engine power. The centrifugal clutch on my bt80 is also very noisy, and from what I could find they are always noisy. There is also no way to change the oil without pulling the entire clutch cover apart.
Here is a cheap clutch mod that looks like it would work. I haven't tried it or seen any in the real but it looks ok to me.

The spinning bolts look nasty and they may hit the crank arm or tear the pants right off the rider. Some kind of a cover would be in order.

yep seen that video. what he doesnt show you is that his lever/ cable travel has also got to be about double. our designs are similar in that we did not change the inner rod length and we both used a flipped flower nut. I can garantee he can barley disengage the clutch. its gotta rub

Back