Eff these clutches

Jayraye39

Local time
9:02 AM
You would think by now their would be better clutches for the 66cc and up. Especially the P85 which just about slips out of the box. I made an attempt to revamp my clutch but failed due to not enough Clutch lever travel to disengage the clutch. My question is I seen a few of these Cent clutches. but i dont ever see or hear anyone that uses them. Why not? isnt this a cheap and better alternative to the crap stock clutch? I just dont see myself paying $200+ for a SAF clutch. thats more than my motor cost. What ticks me off the most is my bike is going to sit here until I can find a stronger clutch. I cant even ride 1min without the power slipping the crapp clutch
Screenshot_20231110_174510_Chrome.jpg

And you posted this in General Discussion rather than your NEW thread on clutch designs your working on for what reason???

I thought this was THE reason why you made a thread about building your own custom clutch last year, then deleted that thread in favour of a brand new thread just created today on your custom built clutch which I can't seem to find now so I have to assume you have deleted this one as well???

People are not going to be replying to your posts and threads if they get the idea that your just gonna delete them at anytime, they are going to say to themselves, "why bother, he is only gonna have a hissy fit and delete it anyways".

Especially the P85 which just about slips out of the box.
My P-85 clutch has been just fine now for about 3,000 miles now, I changed the red clay like pads to the black and whites and haven't even done a clutch adjustment in all that mileage...I must be doing something right...Just saying.

like i said in this post my clutch did not work. dont want people trying the mod if it failed. their were no replys so i deleted it. i also know your clutch is fine but add 2 mods like an expansion chamber and bigger carb you will have the same problem as me. i thought if anything the p85 should have a better clutch cause its already maxed out

wonder what @WillitBoost did to keep his clutch from slipping with 10hp on the wheel dyno. that sucker should be free spinning like crazy. Is the BT different? cause just about all the 69cc slip at 5hp or 6hp if your lucky. maybe I just got a crap clutch to begin with. it never really grabbed good until i added a 2nd plate and preloaded the crap out of it

I would check LA Hover bikes on youtube cause he tests a lot of stuff and if that centrifugal clutch was good seems like everyone would be using it

like i said in this post my clutch did not work. dont want people trying the mod if it failed.
It would have been better to have left it there with a bold faced statement saying it doesn't work rather than just delete it as some people may have come along eventually and point out why it won't work or suggest ways it could work, etc.

Now it's just gone until the next person comes along with the same idea as you had, tries it again, fails, never knowing it had been tried in the past because all the threads and posts on this experiment were all just deleted.

well it didnt fail the clutch grabed good. but in order to disengage the clutch by pulling in the lever. their needed to be more pull on the lever. i have yetto see any device that allows double the travel on a pull lever. so I caned it.

The bt100 spring is physically bigger than any other china doll, and I guess it was just loose. I tightened the flower nut and the preload and it hasn't slipped since.

Also, the clutch slips with torque, not HP. By porting (raising exhaust) you reduce the peak torque which is probably why it was slipping when the peak torque was around 6k, and not 8k.

Porting typically reduces peak torque in exchange for a higher torque at higher RPM - but still less torque than un ported. If that makes sense? It's easier to make HP with RPM than torque on a 2t

The pipe does increase torque in its power band but looking at the curves it's still less peak torque at 8k than it was at 6k, but higher HP.

Back