Well... That Sounded Bad

Have you been tested for dyslexia? It may not be severe, but you could still suffer from a mild form of it. One of my friends was that way. He could make sense of the words, but his brain still struggled to put things in the right order.

I have ADD, which can make it hard for me to latch on to reading certain types of material. Basically, if it doesn't interest me my brain starts thinking of other stuff and I can't focus to save my life.
Never been tested, but my dad has dyslexia.

Same here. I can only read books of fantasy and SIFI genre. Even then it's hard for me to read.
...which is why you listen to them... while you exercise.

I just finished Terry Brooks "The Tangle Box" and have just moved on to "Wizard At Large" I do believe it is. This is the 3rd or 4th time I've "read" through them. I did actually READ them once too.

:)

I'm not one of those people that claims I have something I don't know if I do or not. Sure, there's a possibility, but I'm not gonna go around saying I'm dyslexic.
No, you would have to be diagnosed with it first...Back in 1986, I had a very good friend that I noticed might have dyslexia.

How I came to that conclusion was looking at his set of encyclopaedias and as you might know, each volume is numbered.

I saw #21 where #12 should be and vice-versa, and #31 and #13 etc. etc. etc....He just looked in disbelief at me and lamented the fact that no one has ever pointed out to him anything like this before, not even in school...He scheduled an appointment with his doctor who confirmed it for him.

...which is why you listen to them... while you exercise.

I just finished Terry Brooks "The Tangle Box" and have just moved on to "Wizard At Large" I do believe it is. This is the 3rd or 4th time I've "read" through them. I did actually READ them once too.

:)
I do listen to audio books. That's the only way I can actually stay interested in most books

I'm not one of those people that claims I have something I don't know if I do or not. Sure, there's a possibility, but I'm not gonna go around saying I'm dyslexic.

No, you would have to be diagnosed with it first...Back in 1986, I had a very good friend that I noticed might have dyslexia.

How I came to that conclusion was looking at his set of encyclopaedias and as you might know, each volume is numbered.

I saw #21 where #12 should be and vice-versa, and #31 and #13 etc. etc. etc....He just looked in disbelief at me and lamented the fact that no one has ever pointed out to him anything like this before, not even in school...He scheduled an appointment with his doctor who confirmed it for him.
All of that. Read what I said again (as much as you hate reading) and notice I never said you were or that you should claim it. I said you show signs of it and have a VERY STRONG genetic link to somebody that does. It doesn't get much stronger than your parent.

I forgot to mention how I got him to really see it though.

I pointed at the first book, #21 that was in the #12 spot and asked him what number was it, he said 12, I went down the line to all the misplaced numbered books and then asked him to look at each one again, take his time and concentrate on each number.

The look on his face was incredulous, he just couldn't believe it he was doing this for all those years.

I forgot to mention how I got him to really see it though.

I pointed at the first book, #21 that was in the #12 spot and asked him what number was it, he said 12, I went down the line to all the misplaced numbered books and then asked him to look at each one again, take his time and concentrate on each number.

The look on his face was incredulous, he just couldn't believe it he was doing this for all those years.
I don't own enough book series to have an issue like that.

Back