Towpath gravel eat at my tire tread. Suggestions?

noyo

Local time
4:10 AM
A hour long ride on the towpath and the towpath gravel ate away at my tire tread. Got my tread halved down the middle. They were basically new. Usual mountain bike bumpy tires. What should I do? Do they have any tire tread made specifically for this type of bicycling? For towpath trails.

80cc

A hour long ride on the towpath and the towpath gravel ate away at my tire tread. Got my tread halved down the middle. They were basically new. Usual mountain bike bumpy tires. What should I do? Do they have any tire tread made specifically for this type of bicycling? For towpath trails.

80cc
The engine size isn't super important, but knowing your current tire size might help a bit. There are some tires I know of that are great for that, but only come in certain sizes.

The engine size isn't super important, but knowing your current tire size might help a bit. There are some tires I know of that are great for that, but only come in certain sizes.
26in
No rim attached

I was looking at maxxis hookworms and they all look like they have rim attached or there's no 26in

26in
No rim attached

I was looking at maxxis hookworms and they all look like they have rim attached or there's no 26in
Sounds like you may want a decent gravel tire then?

Continental has a whole bunch of great reinforced tires built for e-bikes with heavy kevlar reinforcement and wire beads.

I have set of Continental Contact Plus e-bike rated tires on my motorized gravel bike (700x42) with maybe a bit over 1k miles on them and they barely show any wear. They have been on every surface you can name and held up well. They make it and a few other models in a 26x1.75

Links to Amazon may include affiliate code. If you click on an Amazon link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
heavy kevlar reinforcement
Did I miss something on the ad???...I am looking for the word Kevlar and couldn't see it...Just asking...lol.

4349073b-317d-4aae-85f1-1a1ffd5a40a0._SL300__.png
1faa9bb1-8fa3-4729-affa-6461d97e200a._SL300__.png
04d3f6f3-c42c-4a39-884a-9384e6603cab._SL300__.png

EXTRA PunctureBelt​

This rugged rubber breaker, combined with the rubber-reinforced sidewalls of the tyre, ensures a high level of puncture protection and sidewall abrasion. Where durability is the main focus, there is also a solid tire version.

Did I miss something on the ad???...I am looking for the word Kevlar and couldn't see it...Just asking...lol.

4349073b-317d-4aae-85f1-1a1ffd5a40a0._SL300__.png
1faa9bb1-8fa3-4729-affa-6461d97e200a._SL300__.png
04d3f6f3-c42c-4a39-884a-9384e6603cab._SL300__.png

EXTRA PunctureBelt​

This rugged rubber breaker, combined with the rubber-reinforced sidewalls of the tyre, ensures a high level of puncture protection and sidewall abrasion. Where durability is the main focus, there is also a solid tire version.
Nope, you misread what I said. I said continental makes tires with that feature, not that the particular tire I use has it. Whole sentence is important for context.
Continental has a whole bunch of great reinforced tires built for e-bikes with heavy kevlar reinforcement and wire beads.

While I can see ho it could be read wrong due to my poor choice of structure, I can fix it quickly.

Back