Top Speed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alcohol is a widely used fuel in an RC application. Mostly because it has a cooler burn than gas "not as dense" so u can run wot longer, but to achieve similar power to the gas counterpart, the compression is bumped up excessively. The alcohol will eat up things gasoline won't. And u have to purge the carb with gas or e85 after each use to prevent gelling. Alcohol isn't a good choice for MBC power.

only one question. did you know that alcohol has a lower energy density than gasoline?

your s**t would be believable if you were running an ecu controlled forced induction motor, but that's just not how it works with a naturally aspirated gasoline 2 stroke. not to mention straight alcohol doesn't stay mixed with 2 stroke oil long enough to run a tank through it

love to answer your question ... yes alky has less power by volume, then gassoline... thats the best thing about it....since it has less power by volume you can add dubble the volume of alky/e85! (bigger jet) making aloutmore power.

and yes we flush ower motors with wd40.. it absorbs water, and othert han that its just a flush, cranks seals are the only thing that has to be change on the motor.. then small modifying of the carburetor and a simple up jetting.

please any question, id be more than happy to answer.

agian 67mph on pump gas 87 lol

71mph on alky

Alcohol is a widely used fuel in an RC application. Mostly because it has a cooler burn than gas "not as dense" so u can run wot longer, but to achieve similar power to the gas counterpart, the compression is bumped up excessively. The alcohol will eat up things gasoline won't. And u have to purge the carb with gas or e85 after each use to prevent gelling. Alcohol isn't a good choice for MBC power.

you are right as a matter of fact, when you get to a point in the motors geometry were you can no longer make any more power. this is whenthe switch is mad from gas to alky... this is why top fuel draggester dont run on pump gas.. ect

yes alky makes a motor run cooler... loved it on my stroked preditor 212 hemi mini bike.. dont get me started on mini bikes lol... but on a 2 stroke motor running alky make egr temp drop down , and if you know anything about 2 stoke expansion chambers, when they heat up the power band rpm is shifted ..

congrats butre on the excellent top speed!
I too used to race motocross (in Austin and in Paraguay) so we have the same kind of mentality.
I don't care if the bike looks ratty, just if it runs strong and is reliable.
I was hitting 43mph which felt scary fast without full race gear on, just gloves.

id be sad if my bike did 43mph. lol jk dave says hi

top fuel dragsters don't run on alcohol either. it's essentially straight nitromethane with a splash of methanol.

Whats rc fuel 15 percent nitro and? I think the rest is lube. I did try some bit by bit till I put it in straight the bike started ok started reving hi er and hi er just kept goING till I tossed the bike like 10 foot I swear it was going to blow up. It hit the ground and cut out lucky I took off stuff that

FB_IMG_1457195244778.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back