Timberline GT friction drive with gp460

Ya I have a pretty slick tire on the back, I intend on putting one on the front, Probably will do when I get the new wheel and brakes since I will have to dismantle the bike then anyway.

If you used the 8in u bracket instead of the 5in it would level the mounting out and look better in my opinion. Nice bike and setup!

Hows the 460 holding up?
Thinking about doing a friction drive
myself. Is it a easy starter or do
you have to pull alot?

WHOOHOO!!! That sounds like a cool ride, Jim! I'm considering the same setup, so I'll be hitting you up for more details as you break it in. BTW, we live pretty near each other, I'm in Mint Hill, NC.

What size drive roller do you have on it and im thinking about getting a gp 460 friciton drive set up on my bike do you have any tips

I used a 1.25 in roller, the 1in makes the engine rev up way too high. I actually changed the whole set up to a chain drive, il probably end up putting some pics up later.

Jim
For those speeds, a DH MTB triple clamp fork would make the front end way more stable.
I lowered mine a few inches in the triple clamps to drop the front end & improve street handling.
-Lowracer-

Back