Found a rack mount kit on ebay

If my friction drive kit doesn't work I'll probably pull the trigger on this kit. Do you think the disc brake could be swapped with a sprocket? Here is the bike
If you got a belt sheave and ran it outside the rear disc, you end up with an awesome rack mount.

Links to eBay may include affiliate code. If you click on an eBay link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
This seems to be a golden eagle kit which went out of business, they can be finicky with the belts breaking if the alignment is off and sometimes it would skip teeth with my gray 49cc 2 stroke I had.

If my friction drive kit doesn't work I'll probably pull the trigger on this kit. Do you think the disc brake could be swapped with a sprocket? Here is the bike
Yeah, companies sell sprockets that bolt to dosc brake hubs. Way better than the rag joint imo

Links to eBay may include affiliate code. If you click on an eBay link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
I still have a gebe pulley and I think it's 14g so your on to something just need the right drive toothed pulley and a belt/ tensioner
If you line it up carefully and bolt her down stiff, it should work good.

I've been working on a 5hp 2t for three years now, I haven't found the time to weld up the sheave.

I got an email on that kit for a cheaper price, should be $76.

If you line it up carefully and bolt her down stiff, it should work good.

I've been working on a 5hp 2t for three years now, I haven't found the time to weld up the sheave.
Ya the gebe sheave is gray plastic and snaps on the spokes. I did break like 8 spokes on the sidewinder riding the back roads pop pop pop. I switched to 12 gauge back wheel.

Ha ha, didn't know it was plastic. @DieselTech bought a whizzer sheave.
That subaru motor was great but it was too much for the Chinese 14g spokes. Even broke the bolt that mounted the strap onto the center brake mount hole ended up using 3 12.9 1/4 bolts and 2 of the rag joint sprocket plates.

Back