The Great Whizzer Photo Thread

That's nice bike, Mate. My '48 above has a "H" motor. My first ride resulted in the front 73 year old tire having a blow-out. LOL!
Mine is a "Viking" what is yours?
The frame is Uknown though likely Schwinn possibly S-10. The paint is so thick, I have not scraped it off to find the serial number. There are many strange mods to the frame so that is why I call it the "mystery" frame for now.

The frame is Uknown though likely Schwinn possibly S-10. The paint is so thick, I have not scraped it off to find the serial number. There are many strange mods to the frame so that is why I call it the "mystery" frame for now.
Does it not have a medallion emblem on the fork upright? Tis a shame. Check the underside of the bottom bracket for a serial number too.

Attachments

• Viking Whizzer.jpeg
    Viking Whizzer.jpeg
    301.2 KB · Views: 106
Does it not have a medallion emblem on the fork upright? Tis a shame. Check the underside of the bottom bracket for a serial number too.
Yes, and it is incorrect. Not too worried right now what the frame is. There were few bikes made with the engine. As you know, most were kit engines in a box and put on any solid bike frame. This is not an original engine bike frame.

My 1948 J motor Whizzer has come quite a way since last year when it arrived on a truck from PA after only seeing a couple of pictures before buying it and shipping it to Florida....Had not run in 4 years. Of course the tank needed the varnish and rust out and the carb rebuilt and upgraded. After getting it running and riding around the neighborhood two weeks ago, it was time to "dress it up"! Many tweaks still to go, but it is looking good so far.
I would like to say you did a very good job on it, and you segregated the bike from the background in the pictures to keep us focused.

Could be. don't know when the previous owner had the bike built.... When I get it up on the hoist this week, I am going to see if I can find the serial number.
Schwinn 1999 serial # should be on the seat post clamp bracket,
They describe the serial# location as "behind the seat"

But IDK about the Schwinn Black Phantom repop as it was a special edition bicycle

The viintage J was wrapped up and put aside in the shop when I got my newly installed Westman Cylinder back to reunite with my Red NE5 Wnizzer "Gator". Mr. Q had it up to over 50mph in the break in rides before shipping it back to me. A little more than 10 days later, it is back on the road and as I said to Wrench yesterday, "WOW now I know why you love to ride your Whizzer"! What a blast of power through the midrange which is where I kept it but at 35mph, I know there is 20 miles per hour more waiting until I get some heavy wheels on the bike. But in the meantime, I am getting it dressed up for the car show March 4th, where i will have both bikes to share with the crowd.

Attachments

• IMG_4136.JPG
    IMG_4136.JPG
    226.5 KB · Views: 93
  • IMG_4140.JPG
    IMG_4140.JPG
    245.5 KB · Views: 89
  • IMG_4117.JPG
    IMG_4117.JPG
    201.3 KB · Views: 86
Back