A curious issue regarding acceleration

Radio Salad

Local time
1:37 AM
Been running into a carburetor puzzle. So, after a great deal of fiddling, this is the solution I was able to find to get my bike to start. Initially, I have the air cleaner box off; just the filter. As a new build, the gas is a bit oil heavy. I'm able to start it but the acceleration is sputtery and heavy on the four stroking. Once I can get it rolling, it gets up to 17-19 mph and that's as fast as it goes. For one, that's fine. I don't need it to be going 30 miles an hour, just maybe 22-25. I'm just looking to kill off the fours stroking and a few more MPH. Thoughts? Thanks.

Been running into a carburetor puzzle. So, after a great deal of fiddling, this is the solution I was able to find to get my bike to start. Initially, I have the air cleaner box off; just the filter. As a new build, the gas is a bit oil heavy. I'm able to start it but the acceleration is sputtery and heavy on the four stroking. Once I can get it rolling, it gets up to 17-19 mph and that's as fast as it goes. For one, that's fine. I don't need it to be going 30 miles an hour, just maybe 22-25. I'm just looking to kill off the fours stroking and a few more MPH. Thoughts? Thanks.
We need pics!

Also, might not be your issue, but your bike sounds like it has the choke on.

4 stroking means you're too rich or its not able to burn the mixture for another reason.

You say you are running a heavy oil mix, what ratio is that? if you have ethanol in it, you only have a few weeks to a month before it goes stale after it is mixed.

Are you using the stock Huflungpoo spark plug? if you are, toss it in the trash and get an NGK BP6HS.

Also, where is your clip on the carb needle?

As Amwicr mentioned, make sure your choke is off after you start.

Are you using the stock Huflungpoo spark plug?
Thats the wrong brand Wyvern, everyone knows it is the Hu-Flung-Dung brand of SP...lol.

Huflungpoo is just the cheap Chinese knockoff brand of SP of the cheap Chinese branded plug...lol...lol.

These kits come equipped with the highest quality "Dung" parts that China can send us...lol...lol.

Thats the wrong brand Wyvern, everyone knows it is the Hu-Flung-Dung brand of SP...lol.

Huflungpoo is just the cheap Chinese knockoff brand of SP of the cheap Chinese branded plug...lol...lol.

These kits come equipped with the highest quality "Dung" parts that China can send us...lol...lol.
Well my engine came with a Huflungpoo plug, it lasted 2 runs before it didn't want to go anymore.

But it did come with a Chow main bearing, and those are pretty decent I hear.

We need pics!

Also, might not be your issue, but your bike sounds like it has the choke on.
I have the needle set in the middle and it starts with the choke almost open. Runs great after a few minutes with it wide open. Idle is good, no load throttle is perfect. It's when you put the load on, it is challenged.

Back