Sprocket offset

I appreciate all the answers. I’m new to this but I think I have a good amount of common sense to figure this out. I was an ironworker until I retired so I’ve done a lot of metal fabrication and when issues came up there was always a way to straighten it out. Thanks for all the replies and I’m going to just keep plugging along. Hopefully posting some pics as I go

My 2 cents on this.

I bought This Tool a few years ago to aid in chain adjustments and installations on a couple of my motorcycles. I have found it also very useful when doing an initial setup on a bike when I am building it. In my most recent bike build, my Kent Nazz, when I switched over to a set of Mag wheels I utilized it to figure out how much spacing I would need to get my drive and driven sprocket aligned.

Is it a bit tedious? Yes. I had to remove and install the wheel 3 times, and setup the chain each time as well (not a final install, just fit up.

I have seen people DIY their own version of that tool too.

Either way, it is a useful aid over just trying to eyeball it alone.

Links to Amazon may include affiliate code. If you click on an Amazon link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
I appreciate all the answers. I’m new to this but I think I have a good amount of common sense to figure this out. I was an ironworker until I retired so I’ve done a lot of metal fabrication and when issues came up there was always a way to straighten it out. Thanks for all the replies and I’m going to just keep plugging along. Hopefully posting some pics as I go
I just replied to my own thread and it kinda lays it out. Sometimes you have to put on the fabricator hat before ya can ride these things.

No fun no brap til after the drilling, the cutting, bending beating screwing breaking welding slamming cussing and stomping around is done!

Hey Graggy! PM sent:)-Gearhead437

My 2 cents on this.

I bought This Tool a few years ago to aid in chain adjustments and installations on a couple of my motorcycles. I have found it also very useful when doing an initial setup on a bike when I am building it. In my most recent bike build, my Kent Nazz, when I switched over to a set of Mag wheels I utilized it to figure out how much spacing I would need to get my drive and driven sprocket aligned.

Is it a bit tedious? Yes. I had to remove and install the wheel 3 times, and setup the chain each time as well (not a final install, just fit up.

I have seen people DIY their own version of that tool too.

Either way, it is a useful aid over just trying to eyeball it alone.
Looks like a good idea!

Links to Amazon may include affiliate code. If you click on an Amazon link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
Back