Help Needed ASAP

S

scooterbuilda

Hey y'all, I'm working on my first project ever right now and need some help with understanding my gear ratios. So I have an old razor e175 frame which I am planning to mount a Gdrasuya 49cc engine off of Amazon. The rear wheel has a diameter of 5.7 inches and has a 47-tooth sprocket attached to it. The engine comes with an 11-tooth sprocket on it. I'm using a 25H chain for it too. I am 190lbs so I'm hoping this can push me. Is my gear ratio okay? Will I burn the clutch up? Plz help

Hey y'all, I'm working on my first project ever right now and need some help with understanding my gear ratios. So I have an old razor e175 frame which I am planning to mount a Gdrasuya 49cc engine off of Amazon. The rear wheel has a diameter of 5.7 inches and has a 47-tooth sprocket attached to it. The engine comes with an 11-tooth sprocket on it. I'm using a 25H chain for it too. I am 190lbs so I'm hoping this can push me. Is my gear ratio okay? Will I burn the clutch up? Plz help
Let me see if I understand this one correctly...lol.

Your trying to put this...

61enGTGuvBL._SX385_.jpg

Onto this...

s-l1600.jpg

Are you trying to build your own DIY Dr. Jack Kevorkian suicide machine ???...lol...lol.

haha yep that's the plan, but obviously, I'm not gonna max the engine out. this is the engine

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-08-24 at 6.59.09 AM.png
    Screenshot 2023-08-24 at 6.59.09 AM.png
    388.5 KB · Views: 44
ive seen people on youtube do it
Just because people do things like that, doesn't make it a good idea or safe. The tiny wheels, lack of brakes (just cuz it has one, does not make it effective), inability to handle potholes. Sure you can do it, but even cruising at 15MPH on such a contraption is a lot more dangerous than it would be on a motorized bicycle.

I wish you well on the project, but I don't know enough about gearing and wheel size to be of real help. Personally were I to build such a thing, I'd want it to MAX at like 20MPH or less.

You can do any project you want, and if you go properly equipped and ride with care you should be OK. The more you ride it and the crazier you get on it, the more likely there will be bruises and scrapes.

Me I could never have such a thing. I'd never put on helmets and knee pads and all the crap I should. Good luck to you though.

If you can get your engine with a 6 tooth on it, it will give you better take off.

Just because people do things like that, doesn't make it a good idea or safe. The tiny wheels, lack of brakes (just cuz it has one, does not make it effective), inability to handle potholes. Sure you can do it, but even cruising at 15MPH on such a contraption is a lot more dangerous than it would be on a motorized bicycle.

I wish you well on the project, but I don't know enough about gearing and wheel size to be of real help. Personally were I to build such a thing, I'd want it to MAX at like 20MPH or less.

You can do any project you want, and if you go properly equipped and ride with care you should be OK. The more you ride it and the crazier you get on it, the more likely there will be bruises and scrapes.

Me I could never have such a thing. I'd never put on helmets and knee pads and all the crap I should. Good luck to you though.
Ah, I totally get it, I was getting nervous hearing what you guys were saying. I have gloves, kneepads, and a helmet ready to go. I'm not planning on dying on a razor scooter, so I feel like as long as I'm responsible with the throttle I'll be okay. The brakes are being replaced when the pads get low so I'm not too worried about that. I also am installing a kill switch just in-case.

Back